«Система Скидок» «Почему мы?» «О нас»
НАШ КУРС: 75 за 1$

Article continues below ...

Важнейшие события

The Sharks head into the offseason

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 02, 2018 1:15 pm

The scene was all too familiar for the San Jose Sharks: a postgame handshake line on their home ice with the other team celebrating a series win while the Sharks wonder what might have been.

A team that seemed to have the ingredients necessary for a long playoff run went out instead in the second round with a 3-0 loss Sunday in Game 6 against the expansion Vegas Golden Knights.

”For periods of this series I thought we were a better team Andrew Miller Jersey , I thought we played the game that we know we’re capable of, we showed we could beat them,” forward Logan Couture said. ”We just didn’t do it long enough.”

That’s what perhaps makes this the most bitter playoff loss in coach Peter DeBoer’s three seasons in San Jose, all of which ended with home playoff losses.

In 2016, the Sharks got over a major hump and made it to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history before losing in six games to a more talented Pittsburgh team.

Last year Cheap Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , San Jose sputtered toward the finish of the season and lost in six games to Edmonton in the first round in large part due to injuries that hampered top two centers Couture and Joe Thornton.

But the Sharks were healthier this year despite Thornton’s absence because of a knee injury. Midseason acquisitions Evander Kane and Eric Fehr had San Jose surging following a first-round sweep against Anaheim.

They came out flat in the opener against Vegas and lost 7-0 and then dropped a key overtime contest at home in Game 3, playing much of the series from behind. The biggest difference was the performance of the top lines with Vegas’ trio of William Karlsson, Jonathan Marchessault and Reilly Smith combining for eight goals and 17 assists, while Kane, Joe Pavelski and Joonas Donskoi had just three goals and two assists for the Sharks.

”We definitely would’ve liked to have been a little bit more productive Authentic Kareem Martin Jersey ,” Pavelski said. ”It’s hard to say. We’ll have to take a look at it, figure it out. We had some looks, we had some chances, we didn’t capitalize when we did. I wish I had an answer. We sure should’ve been a little better.”

Here are some other takeaways from the season and things to watch this summer:

JUMBO JOE

Thornton injured his right knee on Jan. 23 and never was able to make it back into the lineup. He practiced all postseason and even took part in all the pregame skates but never felt quite healthy enough to get back into the lineup. The 38-year-old Thornton is now eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, leaving his future in San Jose in doubt. He still can be productive as evidenced by his 13 goals and 23 assists in 47 games. But after significant knee injuries the past two seasons Authentic Rashaad Penny Jersey , there are questions about whether he will be able to keep up in the faster paced game.

KANE’S CALL

The move to acquire Kane from Buffalo at the trade deadline provided a major spark. He had nine goals and five assists in 17 games, providing needed speed and physicality on San Jose’s top line. That carried over to the first round when he had three goals and an assists in a sweep against Anaheim but Kane wasn’t nearly as effective against Vegas as he played through injuries. Now the Sharks have a decision to make whether to keep Kane or let him leave as a free agent. If he signs, they owe Buffalo a first-round pick in 2019. If he leaves, that pick becomes a second-rounder.

”Obviously I enjoy winning and coming here was a great opportunity for me to do that,” Kane said. ”I really Cheap Will Dissly Jersey , really, really enjoyed my time with this group of guys, and loved going to battle with these guys.”

STEPPING UP

The best development for the Sharks this season was the development of some younger players. Tomas Hertl looks like he could be a dominant power forward, Chris Tierney and Kevin Labanc are able playmakers, Timo Meier scored 21 goals at age 21 Domingo Santana Jersey , and Joakim Ryan is an ideal defensive partner for Brent Burns. Those players will be counted on to do even more in the future as the Sharks transition from players like Thornton, Pavelski and the departed Patrick Marleau to a new generation.

CAP ROOM

The Sharks head into the offseason with projected salary cap room of more than $15 million. While some of that could be used up by keeping Thornton or Kane, GM Doug Wilson also could use that money to target a top free agent like John Tavares of the New York Islanders. Wilson has been planning for that flexibility for years and now the question becomes how he will use it.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The red-clad raucous crowd was quieted when Vegas

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 02, 2018 1:21 pm

In his first home Stanley Cup Final game after 13 long years checkered with as many disappointments as milestones Cheap JK Scott Jersey , Alex Ovechkin was not going to be denied the opportunity to do something special.

He played with an edge. He played with joy. And he played with the leadership his Washington Capitals have come to expect.

Ovechkin dived to the ice to score his 14th goal of the playoffs, laid down to block shots, dished out hits and, along with Evgeny Kuznetsov, muscled the Capitals past the Vegas Golden Knights 3-1 on Saturday night to take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Showing the kind of emotion on the ice and the bench from his younger days, Ovechkin led the way and now has Washington two wins away from the first championship in the 43-year history of the franchise.

”It’s the Stanley Cup Final Youth Jessie Bates III Jersey ,” Ovechkin said. ”What do you wanna do? It’s all in for everybody.”

The Capitals suddenly look in complete control of the series thanks to Ovechkin and Kuznetsov, who fired a wrist shot past Marc-Andre Fleury that made it perfectly clear the injury that knocked him out of Game 2 was not bothering him. Invoking Michael Jordan’s 63-point game on a broken foot and 38-point game with the flu, Kuznetsov said: ”When you’re hurt, you play a little better always.”

It doesn’t get much better than this for Kuznetsov and Ovechkin. As Kuznetsov flapped his arms in celebration of his goal on a 2-on-1 rush, Ovechkin screamed and raised his arms to the bench – showing the same emotion he did in the final minutes of Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final and when Braden Holtby made a stick save of a lifetime to preserve a 3-2 win in Game 2.

”It’s just automatic. You just get excited,” Ovechkin said. ”It’s huge moments for us. You just want to give emotion to your teammates and to yourself Jose Quintana Jersey , as well.”

Fired up for the first Cup Final game in Washington since 1998, the Capitals unloaded chance after chance on Fleury, who made 23 saves but couldn’t backstop a frazzled, disjointed team that lost two games in a row for the first time in the playoff and is trailing in a series for the first time.

At the other end, Braden Holtby gifted Tomas Nosek a goal by giving the puck away but stopped the other 21 shots he faced from the Golden Knights, who looked nothing like the winners of 13 of their first 16 playoff games through the first three rounds.

”All year we’ve had a lot of guys going Jim Rice Jersey ,” Vegas defenseman Deryk Engelland said. ”That hasn’t been the case. Our goalie’s been bailing us out with huge saves all night and we have to bear down and be better for him.”

The Golden Knights’ historic run in its inaugural season is now in danger of coming to an end with Game 4 back in Washington on Monday night.

”We haven’t been behind in any series,” Fleury said. ”It doesn’t mean we’re out of it.”

They’re not out, but they’re down because Holtby was there when the Capitals needed him by making 21 saves on 22 shots. Of course, they didn’t need him much because they were on the attack for much of the game and also blocked 26 shots in front of Holtby.

”I think there’s more to blocking shots than just going out there and trying to get hit,” Holtby said. ”We’re doing a great job of creating the right layers, guys going out there strategically to know which lane I’m picking for sight lines and they’re taking away the other half and making big blocks. That’s a huge part of why we’re having success defensively because it’s all through our lineup.”

Ovechkin attempted eight shots in the first period and scored a goal that seemed inevitable. It came 1:10 into the second period when Ovechkin threw himself full extension over Vegas defenseman Brayden McNabb to reach the rebound and backhand the puck past Fleury.

”I thought it was sort of the right thing in a playoff game Joe Maddon Jersey , our first victory in the final at home, that Alex would score the first goal,” coach Barry Trotz said. ”I thought that was a little bit of poetic justice if you will for all the tough times.

Ovechkin’s goal matched John Druce’s franchise record set in 1990 and tied him for the league lead in these playoffs.

When Kuznetsov showed his injured left arm is just fine by scoring on a perfect shot on an odd-man rush, Ovechkin looked to the ceiling with his arms extended as he was hugged by Lars Eller.

”Ovi, he always shows his emotions when he scores, but he’ll be just as happy for somebody else scoring Cheap Lamar Jackson Jersey ,” Eller said. ”He wants to win as bad as anyone. You see how our team celebrates when somebody else scores. Everybody is happy for one another and everybody is happy for the team.”

The red-clad raucous crowd was quieted when Vegas scored early in the third period. Holtby – well-aware of the Golden Knights’ ability to cross up opposing goaltenders – had his puck-handling attempt intercepted by Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. The puck skittered to Nosek for an easy goal.

Vegas built some momentum, but Devante Smith-Pelly gave the Capitals an insurance goal with 6:07 left – his fourth of the playoffs – after Jay Beagle took the puck away from Shea Theodore on the forecheck and found his teammate skating in alone on Fleury. Vegas pulled Fleury for more than two minutes at the end of the game but couldn’t break through.

The Capitals have now pieced together consecutive wins against the hottest team in the playoffs and are game-by-game exorcising the demons of the past decade and more.
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Gentry has been impressed with what he’s seen.

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Rajon Rondo is healthy and he’s locked in.

That’s good news for the New Orleans Pelicans Authentic Durham Smythe Jersey , not so much for the Portland Trail Blazers. When Rondo is locked in during the postseason, the 6-foot-1 guard who won an NBA title with the Boston Celtics has shown he can be a tough out.

Over the course of his career, Rondo has averaged 10.5 points, 8.5 assists and 4.8 rebounds. Comparatively in the playoffs, he has averaged 14.3 points, 9.2 assists and six rebounds per game.

Not that he is buying into the Playoff Rondo hype, however.

”There’s a lot of factors into that. I don’t think you can break it down as simple as one or two things Stephen Vogt Jersey ,” Rondo said after practice Monday. ”The interview would probably be too long for me to break it down completely. It’s a matter of me being healthy, minutes, my teammates trusting me, my coaching staff trusting me.

”I think we, as a team, we’re playing pretty good under pressure.”

They are indeed.

Rondo dished out 17 assists in Game 1 of the series, helping the Pelicans take a 1-0 series lead.

”You know Lorenzo Cain Jersey , he’s one of the smartest players in the league,” Portland coach Terry Stotts said. ”He can really orchestrate an offense. He makes his teammates better because he can find them. Defensively, he’s really smart: He can sniff things out on the defensive end.”

This was the Rondo that New Orleans hoped it would see in the postseason when the Pelicans signed him to a one-year deal.

Rondo has a reputation as a mercurial player – at times locked in and controlling games, at others seemingly disinterested. A big reason for his success in New Orleans is he’s healthy. After missing the first 13 games with a core muscle injury, Rondo played in 65 regular-season games, starting 63.

And he thrives under the playoff lights.

New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry mused about Rondo’s playoff aptitude before Game 1.

”I think that anyone, if you go back to last year and you watched the Chicago team Authentic Daniel Kilgore Jersey , what he meant to that team, they went in there and won two games in Boston when Boston was really good,” Gentry said. ”And I think there is a sense of confidence that he has, especially this time of the year.”

Rondo played a major role in the Pelicans’ 97-95 victory in Portland on Saturday night. He tied a franchise record with 17 assists, grabbed eight rebounds and stymied Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum with his defense.

Anthony Davis, who was on the receiving end of many of those assists and finished with 35 points in the game, said Rondo took charge of the game.

”He’s just in a different mode Cheap Adrian Clayborn Jersey ,” Davis said.

The Trail Blazers certainly noticed that.

Rondo was in Chicago last year when Playoff Rondo emerged. After an up-and-down season, he played well in the first game of the team’s opening series against the Celtics. But he was particularly good in Game 2, just missing a triple-double with 11 points, 14 assists and nine rebounds as the Bulls put Boston in an 0-2 hole. Just as important was his defense on Celtics star Isaiah Thomas.

But he broke his thumb in that second game and was ruled out indefinitely before Game 3. Chicago went on to drop the series to the Celtics.

The Pelicans brought Rondo in hoping he would run the offense and boost Jrue Holiday in the shooting guard position. In the process, Rondo has developed extraordinary chemistry with Davis – and Holiday has had one of the best seasons of his career.

After DeMarcus Cousins injured his Achilles on Jan. 26, New Orleans shifted to more of an up-tempo offense and the change suited Rondo’s ability to push the pace. He had 13 of his double-digit assist games in the 31 games he played after Cousins went out.

Rondo averaged 8.2 points and 8.2 assists this year and finished the regular season with 15 double-doubles and two triple-doubles.

Gentry has been impressed with what he’s seen.

”He’s a really bright player. One of the smartest guys I’ve ever been around,” the coach said. ”I had the opportunity to coach Steph Andrew Benintendi Jersey , Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Grant Hill. When you start talking about the extremely smart players, he’s one of those guys. I also think he has a way of giving confidence to the other guys. He makes them believe in themselves.”

After helping Davis notch his first playoff career victory, Rondo has the Pelicans believing there is more where that one came from.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

That won’t matter

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Wrestling masks have replaced the dog masks.

The underdog Philadelphia Eagles are having fun with the media frenzy leading up to the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots. They’re staying relaxed http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-harrison-phillips-jersey , loose and won’t be intimidated by their opponent’s incredible success.

Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and All-Pro right tackle Lane Johnson on Wednesday donned masks that resembled the ones WWE star Rey Mysterio and other luchadores wear in the ring.

”This was a gift from Mexico so I can have super powers all week,” Cox said about the green mask featuring an Eagles logo.

”I’m just having fun right now. We know why we’re here. We can’t come into this all uptight. You have fun when it’s time to have fun and get serious when it’s time to get serious.”

Johnson and defensive end Chris Long pulled out German shepherd masks and wore them off the field and in their interviews after the Eagles beat Atlanta in the divisional round. The Eagles (15-3) were the first No. 1 seed to enter their first playoff game as an underdog.

The city, which has always had an underdog personality, embraced the masks. Johnson and Long then turned it into a charitable venture . They created underdog T-shirts that were sold with all proceeds going to the Philadelphia school district’s not-for-profit arm.

The Eagles were underdogs again in the NFC championship game and routed the Vikings 38-7. They’re in the same spot against the Patriots Rafael Devers Boston Red Sox Jersey , who are 4+-point favorites on Sunday.

But these Eagles don’t fear Bill Belichick, Tom Brady or New England’s dynasty. Johnson called Brady a ”pretty boy” and made it clear he’s not bothered by the hype.

”I definitely respect him and all that he’s done in this league,” Johnson told The Associated Press. ”I’m not going to go into the Super Bowl worshipping this man and make him more than what he is. No disrespect.

”As far as bulletin-board material, they can put it on their nightstands for all I care http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nick-nelson-jersey , in their bathrooms, I don’t care. I don’t think you need any motivation to play in the Super Bowl. They know that.”

Brady and Belichick have led the Patriots to five Super Bowl titles, including two of the past three seasons. They beat the Eagles 24-21 in the big game 13 years ago.

Philadelphia players respect the duo’s accomplishments, but aren’t going into the game already defeated. Several players were part of a 35-28 upset win at New England in 2015. The Eagles were a losing team under Chip Kelly that season http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-rashaan-gaulden-jersey , but still went on the road and knocked off the 10-1 Patriots.

That won’t matter when the teams meet for the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Still, it’s a confidence-booster for some guys.

”I think when you’ve been playing for a long time, you’ve had games where you’ve played unbelievable players and unbelievable coaches,” All-Pro center Jason Kelce said.

”To me http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-korey-toomer-jersey , this isn’t any different. These guys have been more consistent throughout the years, but this is the NFL. You play good players every week. There’s good coaches you go against every week. I don’t think you look at this any different than the fact that this is just another game. You see what they do really well and how you can defend it.”

AP NFL website: .
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Bieber has plus breaking pitches.

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:14 pm

KANSAS CITY http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kyle-lauletta-jersey , Mo. — It wasn’t Friday the 13th, but it was a nightmare nonetheless for Danny Duffy.

On May 13, the Kansas City Royals 29-year-old left-hander took the mound at Progressive Field in Cleveland. After 87 pitches in 3 1/3 innings, Duffy was finished.

“What do I remember from the last one?” Duffy said. “I try to forget it. It was probably the worst start I’ve had in a long timfe.”

To say it was bad would be an understatement. Duffy gave up nine runs, eight hits and five walks and hit a batter. He yielded a three-run homer to Jose Ramirez in the second inning.

Manager Ned Yost mercifully replaced him in the third when Yan Gomes belted Duffy’s final pitch over the center-field fence with two runners on base.

Duffy gets a chance for a reprieve on Tuesday when he faces the Indians in the second game of the three-game series.

“I’m looking forward to getting out there Adrian Clayborn Color Rush Jersey ,” he said. “It’s another challenge and I’m up for it. I’m going to do everything I can to execute every pitch and stay within my strengths.”

Duffy has not fared well against the Indians in his career. He is 2-8 with a 5.06 ERA, surrendering 39 earned runs in 69 1/3 inning in 17 career outings, 13 of them starts.

This season, he is 4-7 with a 4.94 ERA in 17 starts, allowing 95 hits Avonte Maddox Color Rush Jersey , walking 46 and hitting two batters in 94 2/3 innings.

Opponents are batting .259 against Duffy. That breaks down to .264 by right-handed batters and .233 by left-handed batters. Lefties have hit .188 against Duffy since 2016.

Duffy has pitched better recently. He began the year 1-6 with a 6.88 ERA in his first 10 starts, giving up 39 earned runs in 51 innings. He is 3-1 with a 2.68 ERA in his past seven starts, allowing 13 earned runs across 43 2/3 innings.

In his last start, Duffy picked up a 5-4 decision over the Milwaukee Brewers on the road. He permitted one run, five hits and two walks with seven strikeouts in six innings. He stranded two runners in the first and third inning. Jesus Aguilar’s home run in the sixth was the only run Duffy allowed.

Duffy will be looking for his first Kauffman Stadium victory this season. He is 0-3 with a 6.32 ERA in six home starts. His last home victory was Aug. 22 Blake McLaughlin Ducks Jersey , 2017.

The Indians, who won the series opener 9-3 with Francisco Lindor driving in a career-high seven runs, will counter with rookie right-hander Shane Bieber, who is 3-0 with a 2.22 ERA in his first four career starts.

“I just want to go out there and continue what I’ve been doing so far,” Bieber said. “That’s just throwing three or four pitches for strikes and getting ahead Isaiah Oliver Color Rush Jersey , and trying to put guys away when I can.

“Really, it’s just a matter of trusting (catchers) Yan (Gomes) or Berto (Roberto Perez). They always know exactly what they’re doing, in case I don’t. They make up for my lack of experience.”

Bieber has plus breaking pitches.

“Right now, I’m relying on the slider and curveball,” he said. “I’ll use the fastball if they’re sitting on those two. I feel comfortable throwing those three especially. My change-up is a work in progress. All my pitches are a work in progress Billy Price Color Rush Jersey , obviously, but that one especially.

“Keeping them off balance with all three or four pitches is the best thing. If I can do that, things will be a little bit easier. That’s the goal for every starting pitcher.”

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Rangers left-hander Cole Hamels

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Bartolo Colon has long had two milestones on his mind. Now he has both of them in hand.

The 45-year-old right-hander overcame a sluggish start to earn his 245th major league win and match Dennis Martinez for the most by a pitcher from Latin America when the Texas Rangers beat the Chicago White Sox 13-4 on Saturday night.

Colon already had the most wins by a pitcher born in the Dominican Republic http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-saquon-barkley-jersey , having surpassed Hall of Famer Juan Marichal for that distinction with his 244th victory at Kansas City on June 18, six days before a loss at Minnesota. Colon won again Saturday in his first home start since June 6 to tie Martinez, who is from Nicaragua.

Asked if he was able to put all his achievements in perspective, Colon made it clear there were two that were especially important to him.

”Not every milestone,” he said through a translator. ”Marichal and Dennis Martinez, and I got those.”

The night was done for Colon (5-5) after Matt Davidson led off the sixth with a homer to center field that pulled the White Sox to 5-3. Four relievers closed it out for Texas.

”We want to be able, if he’s got an opportunity http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nyheim-hines-jersey , to put the W behind his name to make sure he gets this,” manager Jeff Banister said. ”Obviously we want to win every game we possibly can, but a situation like this for him, and the overall history and his impact on the game, and impact on himself, and just what it means for the game of baseball.”

Joey Gallo and Ryan Rua homered for the Rangers, who won for the 11th time in 13 games and clinched their fifth consecutive series. Robinson Chirinos hit a three-run double in the fourth inning that put Texas ahead to stay.

White Sox lefty Carlos Rodon (1-3) allowed five runs in 5 1/3 innings.

Shin-Soo Choo Dorance Armstrong Jr. Color Rush Jersey , who has a major league-best on-base streak of 41 games, didn’t play for Texas because of right quad soreness. Choo said he has dealt with the issue for at least 10 days and it really bothered him recently.

Chicago’s first two batters got hits, though neither scored. Colon then threw 42 of his 79 pitches in the second inning, when he gave up three hits and his only two walks while the White Sox took a 2-0 lead.

”He’s kind of my half-hero,” Chicago manager Rick Renteria said. ”I told (pitching coach Don Cooper), look at that guy. He’s still out there getting after it. Good for him. … Even though he gave up a couple runs early, he just kept pitching. No panic http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dontae-johnson-jersey , no concern, just keep throwing strikes and let me see what happens.”

Affectionately nicknamed Big Sexy, the portly Colon retired 10 of 11 batters before Davidson went deep. Colon even got over to cover first base in time to get speedy Leury Garcia, who dove headfirst as the pitcher took a toss from Gallo to start the third. Colon had a grin on his face walking back to the mound.

”I thought that if I didn’t get the guy out, I was going out,” Colon said. ”So thanks that happened that he was out, so I could continue the game.”

SHORT HOPS

Three White Sox pitchers combined to throw 65 pitches in the eighth inning Vinny Curry Color Rush Jersey , when the Rangers scored seven times. The big hits were a two-run triple by Elvis Andrus and a two-run double by Jurickson Profar. … Adrian Beltre had two hits, increasing his career total to 3,107 – the most among active players and three shy of Dave Winfield for 20th all-time.

TRAINER’S ROOM

White Sox: 3B Yolmer Sanchez was back in the lineup after missing the series opener with a bruised left quad sustained when he collided with Minnesota 1B Logan Morrison on Thursday.

Rangers: Choo doesn’t think his quad issue is serious, but said he didn’t want to make anything worse. ”I know I have the streak going on, but my body and staying healthy is more important,” he said. … LHP Martin Perez (right elbow) allowed two singles in six scoreless innings in his second rehab start, throwing 73 pitches for Double-A Frisco.

UP NEXT

Rangers left-hander Cole Hamels (4-6 http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-byron-maxwell-jersey , 3.61 ERA), one of the top starters potentially available before the July 31 trade deadline, pitches the series finale. Hamels has a 3.28 ERA over his last nine starts. He is 2-0 with a 2.86 ERA in four career starts against the White Sox.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The Lakers also announced the re-signing

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Rajon Rondo officially joined the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday with a clear idea about his future with LeBron James.

”We’re expected to win now http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-isaac-yiadom-jersey ,” Rondo said.

Rondo agreed to a one-year deal worth $9 million earlier this week to suit up alongside James, whose signing hasn’t yet been announced by the Lakers.

The veteran point guard is eager to be a mentor to Lonzo Ball, and he sees a chance for immediate success with the thoroughly revamped club. The Lakers haven’t made the playoffs for a franchise-record five consecutive seasons, but Rondo believes they’ll make immediate strides back toward contention for a 17th NBA championship.

”You put any group of players around LeBron James, as he has done (eight) straight times http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jaleel-scott-jersey , he went to the finals,” Rondo said. ”So my expectations are the exact same thing. Even with the Warriors adding (DeMarcus Cousins) and the Rockets being who they are, I think we fit right up there in the mix. It is early, obviously, and I’m not promising anything Manny Pina Milwaukee Brewers Jersey , but at the end of the day, I expect to win. Nothing else.”

Rondo is a familiar figure to Lakers fans, and not necessarily in a good way. He played a major role for the Celtics when they met the Lakers in the NBA Finals, winning a ring with Boston in 2008 and losing to LA in 2010.

Seeing Rondo on the other side of that enduring NBA rivalry won’t be as weird to Rondo as it might be to some Lakers fans.

”Does it feel strange? Um, no http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mark-andrews-jersey ,” Rondo said. ”My battles with the Lakers were over a decade ago, and none of the players I was battling with are on the same roster.”

The 32-year-old Rondo expressed no concerns about playing with Ball, the precocious passer chosen by the Lakers with the second overall pick in last year’s draft. Ball will be sidelined for most of the summer with a torn meniscus in his left knee, but Rondo is eager to work on their chemistry in the fall.

”I’m excited to get a player that age and try to help him as much as I can,” said Rondo http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-chase-edmonds-jersey , a starter for all but small portions of his first 12 NBA seasons spent with five franchises.

Rondo sees the Lakers’ potential surplus of ball-handlers as an advantage. He isn’t worried about finding roles for everyone in coach Luke Walton’s up-tempo offense, which is designed to create plenty of offensive chances for every player.

”It will be very versatile, and I don’t think you’ll be able to scout and stick to one game plan as far as being able to stop a certain player,” Rondo said. ”I think guys like LeBron or myself, I haven’t played with a lot of guys that make plays for me. So it’s going to be exciting to be able to just get up http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-logan-cooke-jersey , get a couple of easy looks, be able to push the pace in the open court.”

The Lakers also announced the re-signing of guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who got a one-year deal worth $12 million to provide a perimeter shooting threat to an offense that could still use more outside shooters.

The Lakers haven’t yet announced the acquisitions of James or veterans Lance Stephenson and JaVale McGee during a thorough makeover following the worst half-decade in franchise history.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

He is 0-1 in two starts against the Diamondbacks

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:35 pm

PHOENIX — As the second half of the season commences http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-anthony-miller-jersey , both Arizona and San Francisco have reasons to feel confident as they prepare for the third game of a three-game weekend series Sunday.

Both are nearing full health, and the NL West remains wide open as the Diamondbacks, Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers are within 3 1/2 games of each other entering July.

Arizona survived a 2-15 stretch in May and is playing as well as it did in the early going, when it did not lose any of its first 12 series. The Giants have won nine of 11 after going 18-10 in June, their first winning month since June, 2016.

“I know that we got off to a great start and hit a little downturn and fought back,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said when asked about his takeaways from the first half.

“The obvious thing is http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dj-moore-jersey , we are playing very good baseball now. We’ve grown and learned and become stronger and tougher because of the situation we walked through in May. They have never pointed their finger at anything or any anyone in an particular situation or moment.

“When it didn’t go well, they were accountable. They played united baseball. We’re right in the middle of a story that we continue to want to tell the way we are telling it.”

Arizona right-hander Zack Godley will oppose Giants left-hander Derek Holland in the final game of the series at Chase Field on Sunday afternoon. The Giants begin a three-game series in Colorado on Monday while the Diamondbacks will host a three-game series against St. Louis.

“Considering everything that is happened, we are right in the thick of things, which is where you want to be,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said.

“If you would have told me what we have to deal with – three starters out, (Joe) Panik out, (Evan) Longoria out. Sure http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-shaquem-griffin-jersey , no question you take it. I think it is going to be tight in September. Hopefully we’re right there. That’s our plan.”

Right-handers Johnny Cueto and Jeff Samardzija could made their next starts in the majors after prolonged absences due to injury, and Cueto would be particularly welcome. He was 3-0 with an 0.84 ERA in five starts while holding opponents to a .150 batting average before going on the disabled list because of shoulder soreness in the first week of May.

In the interim, Dereck Rodriguez and Andrew Suarez have pitched well. The Giants also have received only five starts from Madison Bumgarner, who opened the season on the disabled list before returning in early June.

Arizona outfielders A.J. Pollock and Steven Souza Jr. also are nearing a return from the disabled list after missing considerable time. The Diamondbacks also lost starters Taijuan Walker and Robbie Ray for 58 days before returning.

Pollock and Souza Jr. are on rehab assignments for Triple-A Reno, and Pollock is likely to return before the All-Star break. Pollock was slashing .293/.349/.620 with 10 doubles, 11 homers and nine stolen bases in 43 games before suffering a fractured thumb trying to make a diving catch in center field in the ninth inning of a 7-2 loss to Milwaukee on May 14.

“You think about what the (injury) losses are,” Lovullo said “It’s been a very interesting season. I think the most resilient teams are the ones that understand and accept what’s happening day by day http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jeremy-kerley-jersey , whether it is good or bad, and move on to the next day as quickly as possible.

“We are a resilient group. We can turn the page quickly, no matter what the results are.”

Godley, 9-5 with a 4.58 ERA, is one victory short of NL leaders Max Scherzer, Jon Lester and Aaron Nola, in part because he has received 4.63 runs of support in his 16 starts. His 1.52 WHIP is 44th and last among qualified NL starters Jeremy Kerley Color Rush Jersey , and he has made seven quality starts.

Godley is 1-1 with a 6.10 ERA in two starts against the Giants this season and is 2-2 with a 6.97 ERA in six career appearances, four starts, against them. Godley has pitched his best at home this season, going 4-1 with a 2.89 ERA in six starts.

Holland (5-7, 4.24) is coming off arguably his best outing of the season, although he did not receive a decision in a 3-2 victory over Colorado. Holland gave up one run on six hits in a season-high 6 2/3 innings while striking out a season high eight. It was his longest appearance since he went eight innings against Seattle on May 21, 2017.

He is 0-1 in two starts against the Diamondbacks Jake Odorizzi Minnesota Twins Jersey , both with Texas. Holland is 3-5 with a 3.94 ERA in nine road starts this season. He has never pitched in Chase Field.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Yankees: After a day off on Thursday

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Rhys Hoskins gave the Phillies all the runs Zach Eflin needed to stay perfect in June.

Eflin continued to shine for Philadelphia with just four hits allowed over seven shutout innings Miguel Andujar New York Yankees Jersey , and Hoskins hit a three-run homer to help the Phillies beat the New York Yankees 3-0 on Wednesday night.

Eflin, acquired in the 2014 trade that sent fan favorite and former NL MVP Jimmy Rollins to the Los Angeles Dodgers, won his fifth straight start and kept the surprising Phillies in the thick of the NL East race.

”You can see why they’re kind of excited about him,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. ”I thought he threw the ball really well and really was in command. He kind of shut us down. We were pretty quiet. Even when we’re not scoring runs, we’re mounting things. We really didn’t mount that much against him.”

Eflin (6-2) became the first Phillies pitcher to win five starts in a month (he had a 1.76 ERA in June) since Cole Hamels went 5-0 in May 2012. Eflin has turned into a stopper of sorts for Philly: He won his fourth game this month following a Phillies loss. Eflin walked two, struck out six and helped the Phillies avoid a three-game sweep before beginning a key four-game series against the division rival Washington Nationals. The Phillies trail the Atlanta Braves by 2 1/2 games http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-denzel-ward-jersey , and the Nationals are 3 1/2 back.

”Being able to be healthy and to focus on pitching alone is probably the biggest thing,” Eflin said. ”Going in with a great game plan and two catchers who know how to call a great game is extremely beneficial. And doing that and putting the puzzle pieces together has been awesome.”

Eflin, who did not allow a homer over 30 2/3 innings in June, also at last got most of the 42,028 fans at packed Citizens Bank Park to root, root Authentic Adam Boqvist Jersey , root for the home team. Yankees fans swarmed the stadium for all three games of the series, and ”Let’s go Yankees!” chants boomed at first pitch.

By the time Searanthony Dominguez struck out Gleyber Torres to wrap up his fifth save, over two scoreless innings, Phillies fans were on their feet as Yankees fans trudged toward the exits.

Manager Gabe Kapler implored Phillies fans to pack CBP for the Nationals series.

”You need exposure to that because we expect to be in the playoffs many times in the coming years,” he said. ”These are young players that are going to be expected to perform under those conditions. It’s nice to have some exposure to that early in their careers.”

The Yankees, who have the best record in baseball at 52-26 Weston Richburg Color Rush Jersey , sat slugging outfielder Aaron Judge for the series finale. Boone wanted to pair a day of rest with Thursday’s off day to keep Judge fresh when the team returns to the Bronx for a weekend set with Boston. The Yankees and Red Sox have been neck and neck atop the AL East, the only teams with a legitimate shot at the division title.

Luis Cessa (0-1) lasted only three innings in his first start for the Yankees since last Aug. 14 and was optioned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre after taking the loss. The Phillies had two runners on and two outs in the second inning when Hoskins connected on an opposite-field shot to left for his 12th homer of the season. He hit his sixth home run in 17 games this June, and he has given the Phillies a lead with 11 of his homers.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Yankees: RHP Masahiro Tanaka, on the 10-day DL since June 9 with strained left and right hamstrings, is set to throw again on Friday. The Yankees haven’t decided if Tanaka will make a rehab start or throw a simulated game.

Phillies: RHP Pat Neshek, out all season because of an injured right shoulder Jeff Locke Color Rush Jersey , is set to make his third rehab appearance on Friday. He’s pitched twice for Double-A Reading. … RHP Jerad Eickhoff (nerve) will throw a bullpen session on Thursday and head to Florida for more work. … RHP Luis Garcia (sore right wrist) will throw a bullpen session on Friday and could possibly be activated on Sunday. … RHP Edubray Ramos (right shoulder) will throw from flat ground on Thursday.

HOSKINS MILESTONES

Hoskins became the fastest Phillie to reach 30 career homers in games played (119), topping Chuck Klein (132) and Ryan Howard (134).

”My first thought was, `Wow.’ Any time you get mentioned in a sentence with either of those guys or anyone of their caliber is pretty humbling,” he said.

RELIEF ACE

Yankees reliever Giovanny Gallegos struck out a career-high six over three innings.

UP NEXT

Yankees: After a day off on Thursday, CC Sabathia (4-3, 3.18 ERA) takes the mound to open the three-game set against the Red Sox. Boone said Luis Severino http://www.lionsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sylvester-williams-jersey , the majors’ first 12-game winner, will start on Sunday.

Phillies: RHP Aaron Nola (9-2, 2.58) opens the first of a four-game series against the Nationals.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

That success helped earn him

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:48 pm

MIAMI — San Francisco Giants rookie left-hander Andrew Suarez will celebrate a homecoming on Wednesday night when he faces the Miami Marlins for the first time.

Suarez Thomas Vanek Red Wings Jersey , who was a local star at Columbus High as well as the University of Miami, said he will try to approach the game as a business trip.

“I will probably cherish the moment while I’m warming up,” Suarez told the Sun-Sentinel. “But once I step on the mound, it’s game time.”

The 25-year-old is 2-4 with a 5.06 ERA in nine starts this season. His slider eats up lefty batters, holding them to a .208 batting average with one homer and a .562 OPS. Righty batters are hitting .303 with seven homers and an .870 OPS, however.

Suarez was the Giants’ second-round pick in 2015. He started this season as the Giants’ No. 10 prospect overall and No. 2 among lefties. Some scouts had projected him as a two-pitch reliever with his fastball-slider mix. But Miguel Andujar New York Yankees Jersey , largely due to injuries to Madison Bumgarner, Johnny Cueto and Jeff Samardzija, Suarez is getting his shot in the rotation.

So far, the Giants are 3-6 when Suarez starts, but they have won two in a row with him on the mound.

Suarez has two quality starts this year — both of them at home. In five road starts this year, Suarez is 1-2 with a 6.75 ERA.

The Marlins will counter Suarez with another rookie left-hander http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jihad-ward-jersey , Caleb Smith (5-6, 3.70 ERA), who made his major league debut last year on July 17 with the New York Yankees.

This will be the 16th major league start for Smith, 26, who leads National League rookies with 79 strikeouts. In his 13 starts this season, he is averaging 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings Adam Boqvist Blackhawks Jersey , which is improved from his 8.7 stat line of 2017. His walk rate of 4.1 is high but yet improved from his 4.8 figure of last year.

But perhaps the biggest improvement for Smith has been cutting his hits per nine innings from 10.1 to 6.6.

The Marlins are 6-7 when they hand the ball to Smith, who has four quality starts this season. In addition, the Marlins have won three of the past four Smith starts. Smith has pitched well at Marlins Park, going 2-2 with a 2.90 ERA in six starts. That compares well to his 3-4, 4.41 mark on the road.

Over his past seven starts, Smith — who has never faced the Giants — is 4-3 with a 3.16 ERA.

Neither Suarez (92.1 mph) or Smith (92.7 mph) is overpowering in terms of their average velocity. But Suarez Bradley Chubb Color Rush Jersey , with plus control and a plus slider, distinguished himself in the minors, going 10-10 with a 3.21 ERA last year between Double A and Triple A.

That success helped earn him a shot at the majors, and now he gets to pitch in front of his home crowd.

“Being able to pitch against the Marlins should be fun,” Suarez said. “I’ve been watching the Marlins since I was little.”

Suarez will be trying to stop the Giants’ two-game losing streak. Miami has won the first two games of this series, including Tuesday’s 3-1 victory in which four Marlins pitchers held the Giants to three hits.

Marlins shortstop JT Riddle had the go-ahead hit B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , a two-run double, and second baseman Starlin Castro went 2-for-4 with one RBI.

Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford, who entered this series red hot, has gone 0-for-6 with two RBIs in the two games. He is still hitting an impressive .329.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Indians: RHP Corey Kluber

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Вт авг 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Francisco Lindor sensed the Cleveland Indians needed a lift coming off back-to-back losses.

Nothing like a leadoff homer or a late tiebreaking drive to get the job done.

Lindor and Jose Ramirez connected Authentic Blake McLaughlin Jersey , Mike Clevinger struck out 11 in seven innings and the Indians beat the Chicago White Sox 5-2 on Thursday afternoon.

Lindor opened the game against Carlos Rodon with his 15th home run. He also singled and scored in the seventh when Ramirez broke a 2-all tie with a two-run drive to right-center against Chris Volstad (1-4) for his 20th homer.

”That’s one of the reasons I want to lead off – to get the team going, to do my best to score early and give the team the lead,” Lindor said. ”Whether it’s a home run, a base hit, I ended up scoring in the first inning. It’s important. It tells the team Tyler Austin New York Yankees Jersey , `All right, it’s time to go, we’ve got to win today.”

And this one, he said, was ”extremely important.”

The Indians got another run with two outs in the eighth when reliever Juan Minaya dropped the throw from first baseman Jose Abreu while covering the bag on Greg Allen’s grounder. That allowed Yan Gomes to score from second to make it 5-2.

Clevinger (5-2) gave up two runs and five hits while walking just one batter.

Cody Allen worked the ninth for his 13th save in 14 chances as the AL Central leaders salvaged a four-game split.

Abreu went the opposite way with a two-run homer to the right-field bullpen in the first. But Clevinger shut down the White Sox after that Will Hernandez Color Rush Jersey , beating them for the second time this season.

”It was a nice piece of hitting by Abreu, but Clev threw the ball so well,” manager Terry Francona said. ”He put that behind him, and then he got them out the rest of the way.”

Rodon went five innings in his second start back from shoulder surgery in September, allowing two runs and two hits. The 25-year-old left-hander walked three and hit two batters while striking out four.

Manager Rick Renteria said it’s ”like a little bit of spring training” for him. But Rodon wouldn’t go there.

”Nah Mike Foltynewicz Atlanta Braves Jersey , I don’t want to make that excuse,” he said. ”When you show up at this level, it’s time to compete. Go out there and compete for the team, try to win the ballgame.”

GOING DEEP

Lindor has three leadoff homers this season and six in his career. And Abreu moved ahead of Jim Thome and into a tie for 12th place with Minnie Minoso on the White Sox’s all-time list with 135 homers.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: The Indians activated OF Brandon Guyer (strained neck) from the 10-day disabled list and designated OF Melky Cabrera for assignment. Guyer was in the lineup for the first time since he collided with a fan while chasing a foul ball at Houston on May 19. As for Cabrera, manager Terry Francona said the team ”didn’t see a way we were going to be able to keep” him with Guyer back and OF Tyler Naquin (strained left hamstring) just about ready to return.

White Sox: RHP Nate Jones (strained muscle in forearm) called it ”a relief” tests showed no structural damage in his surgically repaired arm. He said he had been ”self-treating” himself for a few weeks after experiencing some soreness but realized he needed more help when he felt a burning sensation during Tuesday’s win over Cleveland. Jones had Tommy John surgery on his pitching elbow last season. He is 2-2 with a 4.01 ERA and four saves in 27 appearances this year. … Renteria said OF Avisail Garcia (strained right hamstring) – on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte – ”feels healthy http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-lorenzo-carter-jersey , feels sound.”

UP NEXT

Indians: RHP Corey Kluber (10-2, 1.99) goes for his major league-leading 11th win as the Indians open a three-game series against RHP Kyle Gibson (1-4, 3.45) and the Minnesota Twins.

White Sox: RHP Reynaldo Lopez (2-4, 3.26) eyes his second straight win as the White Sox open a three-game series against RHP Mike Fiers (5-3, 4.01) and the Detroit Tigers. Lopez pitched into the seventh at Boston on Sunday.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

LOGAN MORRISON, 1B, Minnesota Twins

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Thatcher Demko couldn’t stop grinning the whole game in his first NHL start despite giving up the tying goals before the Vancouver Canucks won it in overtime.

Alex Edler scored 1:21 into the extra period and Demko finished with 26 saves in the Canucks’ wild 5-4 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.

”I just tried to enjoy it http://www.titansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-luke-falk-jersey ,” the 22-year-old Demko said. ”I had a blast. … Even when they scored on three consecutive shots I was still smiling. It was a lot of fun to be part of it.”

On the winning goal, Edler picked up a loose puck in the Blue Jackets’ end, waited patiently, then beat Columbus goalie Joonas Korpisalo with a shot to the far side.

”I knew we had a 2-on-1,” Edler said. ”I wanted to pass it but it just wasn’t there.”

Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists against his former team, and Darren Archibald, Bo Horvat and Nikolay Goldobin also scored for the Canucks, who tied a season-high with their fourth straight win and fifth in six games after a seven-game skid.

The Blue Jackets erased a 4-1 deficit by scoring three goals in 2:37 late in the third period to tie it.

Pierre-Luc Dubois started the comeback with a power-play goal with just under four minites remaining, Zach Werenski pulled Columbus within one with 1:37 left and Cam Atkinson tied it 16 seconds later.

”We’re a team that regardless of the score we are never out of the fight,” said Atkinson. ”We’re still fighting for our lives, so we can’t afford to take our foot off the gas pedal for a second. When we did, it showed.”

Seth Jones had a goal and three assists, Artemi Panari had four assists and Korpisalo finished with 24 saves for the Blue Jackets, who are 12-1-1 in their last 14 games as they try to pass Pittsburgh for second place in the Metropolitan Division.

Columbus coach John Tortorella was happy his team didn’t quit.

”There were a number of guys that struggled, some big guys that struggled Baker Mayfield Jersey Browns , but those last few minutes some big guys stood up,” he said. ”No matter what happened we found a way to get a point.”

Demko, picked 36th overall in the 2014 draft, was called up from Utica of the AHL because backup goalie Anders Nilsson has the flu. He arrived in Vancouver late Friday night, then was in net for the game which started at 1 p.m. Vancouver time.

”My body was pretty confused,” he said. ”I was almost too tired to be nervous.”

Demko looked tight early in the game. Just 19 seconds into the first period Atkinson blasted a shot that hit the crossbar behind him. Four shots hit the post.

”I think the posts are bigger up here than they are in the AHL,” Demko said.

By the second period, Demko seemed more relaxed and looked sharp getting a pad on Atkinson’s shot during a 3-on-1 Columbus breakaway.

”I thought he looked good,” Canucks coach Travis Green said. ”I don’t think he looked out of place. … He’s confident enough to do what he does.”

Jokinen gave Vancouver a 3-1 lead at 5:14 of the third period. He took Jake Virtanen’s pass from behind the net and sent a shot over Korpisalo’s blocker. It was Jokinen’s third goal since coming to Vancouver along with center Tyler Motte at the trade deadline in a deal that sent Thomas Vanek to Columbus.

”Every time you play against your old team you want to show they made a mistake letting you go,” Jokinen said. ”For sure I had extra motivation.”

He also assisted on Horvat’s goal later in the period, giving him five assists and eight points in 11 games with the Canucks.

The Canucks scored goals 1:44 apart in the second period to take a 2-1 lead.

Archibald tied it at 11:53. His shot from the faceoff circle looked to be tipped by a Columbus defenseman. Korpisalo still managed to get a piece of the puck but it went off his glove and into the net. Ashton Saunter, another callup from Utica, earned an assist for his first NHL point.

Goldobin put Vancouver ahead on a pretty give-and-go with Jokinen, scoring his sixth of the season on a sharp-angle shot.

The Blue Jackets opened the scoring at 13:55 of the first period, just seven seconds after Daniel Sedin was called for tripping. Jones scored after taking a pass from Atkinson and ripping a shot from the blue line. Demko looked slow at moving across his crease on the play.

NOTES: Jones’ two-point night gave him 54 points Richard Rodgers Color Rush Jersey , setting a Columbus record for a defenseman. … Blue Jacket D Markus Nutivaara left the game in the second period with an upper-body injury. … Sedin’s 54 penalty minutes is the most in his 17-year career with the Canucks. He had 50 minutes in 2007-08. … The last time Vancouver won four consecutive games was Oct. 20-26.

UP NEXT

Blue Jackets: Host Detroit on Tuesday night.

Canucks: Host Vegas on Tuesday night.

It’s been a week full of injuries, as more and more pitchers hit the disabled list, making arms a premium once again for Fantasy owners.

He’s not a pitcher, but Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez headlines the list of injured players, as the catcher will miss 3-4 weeks for the second straight season.

There are names like John Hicks, Austin Romine, Tucker Barnhart and Tom Murphy who deserve to be owned in Sanchez’ absence. Now, let’s look at some pitchers to help hold down your rotation.

PLAYERS TO PICK UP

ZACH EFLIN, SP, Philadelphia Phillies (42 percent owned in Yahoo) – First it was Nick Pivetta, now it’s Zach Eflin. The Phillies are having pitchers who were no more than a healthy arm last season turn into legit standouts. Eflin increased his velocity this year, and he’s adding more swings and misses than a season ago. Like Pivetta, it’s smart to grab him before everyone else in your league takes notice.

ZACK WHEELER, SP, New York Mets (12 percent) – Like Jacob deGrom earlier this season http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nate-solder-jersey , the Mets struggle to win games for Wheeler. That’s OK, though, as he is holding his own as of late with a reasonable ERA and a good strikeout rate. He won’t live up to the prospect hype that he had when he was moving through the system, but he can be a useful pitcher for your Fantasy roster.

SHANE BIEBER, SP, Cleveland Indians (57 percent) – Bieber was thought to be a guy who wouldn’t register big strikeout numbers, but would help Fantasy owners out in ERA, WHIP and Wins. Well, in a small sample, he’s averaging more than a strikeout per inning. Add him wherever he’s available.

ADALBERTO MONDESI, OF, Kansas City Royals (1 percent) – Speed is hard to find. Kevin Kiermaier was a suggested pickup last week as a multi-category contributor, but Mondesi is a deep-league add if you’re desperate for speed.

TWO-START PITCHERS TO STREAM

BRENT SUTER, SP, Milwaukee Brewers (39 percent) – It’s not a great week for two-start pitchers http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-d.j.-fluker-jersey , and Suter underachieved in a juicy matchup against the Royals on Wednesday. He’s worth running out again, though, as he gets the Twins and the Braves in a two-start matchup.

KYLE GIBSON, SP, Minnesota Twins (34 percent) – Speaking of failing to capitalize, Gibson struggled against the White Sox on Wednesday. Forget that start, though, as he’s been a quality start machine this year. He’ll face a less-than-favorable team in the Brewers in his first start, but he’ll wrap the week up against Baltimore, who struggled mightily against right-handed pitching.

NATHAN EOVALDI, SP, Tampa Bay Rays (7 percent) – Eovaldi impressed this week against the Nationals, allowing just one hit over six innings. He has a date with the Marlins and Mets next week; both of which are terrific matchups.

HITTERS TO STREAM

SCOTT SCHEBLER, OF, Cincinnati Reds (22 percent) – Jesse Winker is starting to come around for the Reds http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-vita-vea-jersey , but Schebler has been the 22nd-best outfielder in Yahoo leagues over the past 30 games as the leadoff hitter for the Reds.

LOGAN MORRISON, 1B, Minnesota Twins (13 percent) – The Twins have seven games next week in Milwaukee and against the Orioles‘ bad pitching staff. There’s only one lefty on the slate, which means Morrison is a sneaky streamer to get in your lineup.

ALEN HANSON, 2B/OF, San Francisco Giants (5 percent) – Hanson has been playing regularly for the Giants, and he’s a contributor across multiple categories, with his standout category being batting average. With three games in Colorado and four more against the all-of-the-sudden questionable St. Louis rotation, Hanson could fill the stat sheets for Fantasy owners.

This column was provided to The Associated Press by the Fantasy Sports Network, .
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The Bills finished tied for 30th in the NFL

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Houston Texans star defensive end J.J. Watt won the NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year Award on Saturday night.

The award recognizes a player’s contribution in his community and to society in general. It was given out at NFL Honors Byron Maxwell Color Rush Jersey , when The Associated Press announced its individual NFL awards.

Tight ends Benjamin Watson of the Baltimore Ravens and Greg Olsen of the Carolina Panthers also were finalists.

Watt, in his seventh NFL season and a three-time Defensive Player of the Year, had the goal of raising $200,000 for Hurricane Harvey relief in Houston. His fundraising did a whole lot more, bringing in an incredible $37 million in 19 days.

Watt has dedicated himself to finding organizations that will apply the funds in a fair and effective manner.

”I cannot express how humbled and honored that I am to be mentioned in the same sentence as Walter Payton, a man who did everything right not only on the field but off of it,” Watt said in his acceptance speech. ”And I’m going to continue to try to live that legacy and make that family proud.

”This award is called The Man of the Year Award, but I promise you it is so much bigger than that. This award is about the inherent good that lies within humanity. It is about the city of Houston and its ability to overcome adversity at a time when it all seemed lost. It is about the hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country and all over the world that donated to a city they may never have been to, to people they may never meet. But they donated simply because they saw their fellow human going through a difficult time and they wanted to help out.”

Peyton Manning presented the award to Watt.

”Whether we realize it or not, we are affecting everyone around us with our every move,” Watt added. ”The more than we can shine a light on the positivity and the good that we are in this world http://www.patriotsauthorizedshop.com/authentic-danny-shelton-jerseyy , the better off we’re going to be. We all have to go through this crazy journey together, so why not help each other out and make it as great of a journey as possible.

”I’m incredibly grateful, I’m incredibly thankful to receive this award and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. The only thing that I ask of you is to join me in trying to carry on the legacy that Walter Payton left behind of leaving this world better than we found it. Take a moment, ask yourself, `How can I make a difference? No matter how big, no matter how small, how can I make a difference?’ And when you have your answer, go out and do it.”

All those promises worth millions upon millions to free agents turned into paydays Wednesday when the NFL’s business year began.

Of course, teams needed to clear salary cap space or rejigger their ledgers to make it work, and they’ll still be doing so for months.

While the likes of Drew Brees, Malcolm Butler and Andrew Norwell cashed in bigtime Robert Golden Color Rush Jersey , having reached agreements in the past two days before everything became official, some value entered the marketplace.

Arizona released safety Tyrann Mathieu when it couldn’t rework his deal. On Tuesday, the Cardinals let running back Adrian Peterson go.

Baltimore cut receiver Jeremy Maclin. Detroit said goodbye to tight end Eric Ebron. Pittsburgh tore up a secondary that often was torn up by opposing quarterbacks, releasing Mike Mitchell, Robert Golden and William Gay.

But Carolina had more success with a veteran, completing a one-year deal with defensive end Julius Peppers.

The 38-year-old Peppers, who contemplated retirement after 17 pro seasons, remains with the Panthers for $5 million, with $2.5 million guaranteed, a person familiar with the situation said. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the team does not release financial terms of contracts.

”I am fired up to have him back,” Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. ”It was amazing to have him as part of what we are trying to build and I think he can help us get to the next level.”

Cleveland Jason Sanders Color Rush Jersey , meanwhile, did nothing more than listen to one of its greatest players, tackle Joe Thomas , announce his retirement. The Browns save his $10.3 million salary for 2018 and a $3 million bonus but lose their best player and leader in the expansion era (1999-present), a 10-time Pro Bowler.

”This was an extremely difficult decision, but the right one for me and my family,” Thomas said. ”Playing in the NFL has taken a toll on my body and I can no longer physically compete at the level I need to.”

CARDINALS

Mathieu was due for $18.75 million of his contract to be guaranteed when the league year officially begins. By cutting him, Arizona will save close to $5 million in cap space.

Mathieu became a star in the Arizona secondary after being selected in the third round of the 2013 draft following a troubled college career at LSU. He was an All-Pro in 2015, when he had five interceptions and 17 passes defensed.

But he also has been plagued by injuries and only last season did Mathieu appear in all 16 games.

RAVENS

Baltimore frees up an estimated $5 million in salary cap space by releasing Maclin, who signed on as a free agent in June. But Maclin missed two games with a shoulder injury, two more with knee issues Jason McCourty Color Rush Jersey , and finished with only 40 catches for 440 yards and three touchdowns. The 84 receptions he had over the past two seasons (2016 with Kansas City) are three fewer than he had with the Chiefs in 2015.

Then the Ravens agreed to deals with receivers John Brown and Ryan Grant.

Brown, 27, spent four years in Arizona and is a speedy deep threat, something Baltimore desperately needs. He can also return kicks.

Grant, also 27, was with Washington for four seasons.

49ERS

San Francisco agreed to a four-year contract with running back Jerick McKinnon and a five-year deal with center-guard Weston Richburg. McKinnon replaces departing starter Carlos Hyde and Richburg could start anywhere in the interior line.

”We see Weston as one of the top young interior offensive linemen in the NFL,” GM John Lynch said. ”His athleticism, intelligence and attitude are a perfect fit for our scheme. Jerick has proven to be an extremely versatile football player whose speed, elusiveness and tackle-breaking ability make him a very difficult matchup for defenses. We can’t wait to get them on the field with their teammates and coaches later this spring.”

GIANTS

New York agreed with offensive tackle Nate Solder, late of the Patriots, to become its starter on the left side. Solder Calvin Ridley Color Rush Jersey , 29, will get a four-year contract worth about $62 million.

The Giants can move 2015 first-round draft pick Ereck Flowers to the right side as they rebuild a line that has struggled for years.

TITANS

Tennessee kept right guard Josh Kline and defensive end David King with new contracts after making a splash in free agency by getting Butler for $60 million over five years ($30 million guaranteed) and also taking running back Dion Lewis away from New England.

BILLS

The Bills restocked their quarterback position by agreeing to a two-year contract with AJ McCarron.

The 27-year-old spent the past four seasons backing up Andy Dalton in Cincinnati after being selected by the Bengals in the fifth round of the 2014 draft.

McCarron’s signing came five days after Buffalo traded three-year starter Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland. The trade left 2017 fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman as the only quarterback on Buffalo’s roster.

Buffalo also added defensive end Trent Murphy from Washington and got a needed pass rusher, albeit a player coming off a major injury.

Murphy had 15 sacks in 47 games, including nine in 2016, then sat out last season after tearing two ligaments in his left knee in a preseason game.

The Bills finished tied for 30th in the NFL with just 27 sacks last season.

The Bills added defensive backfield depth by agreeing with safety Rafael Bush on a two-year contract, and got linebacker Julian Stanford on a two-year contract.

FALCONS

The Falcons addressed a need by signing offensive guard Brandon Fusco, who started 16 games for San Francisco last season, to a three-ye.
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Nets: Close out their season at Boston on Wednesday night.

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Between the LeBron James guessing games and the Kawhi Leonard trade talk http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-carlton-davis-jersey , it seems NBA shopping season is well underway.

It’s actually just about to start.

Terms like salary caps and contract options have been in the news for weeks, so fans might have an understanding of what they all mean. For those who don’t, here’s an attempt to explain how this all works.

Q: When does free agency start?

A: It begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT on July 1. So that’s early Sunday morning for teams in the East, but Magic Johnson and the Lakers can actually start their recruiting on Saturday night.

Q: When can deals start happening?

A: Players and teams can agree to contracts immediately, but except for some limited exceptions, such as rookies inking their initial contracts, nothing can be signed until after the free agency moratorium period ends, which is noon EDT on July 6.

Q: How is the salary cap determined?

A: It’s basically a formula based on basketball revenues. Last season’s was $99.1 million, and this year’s will be announced Saturday.

Q: Why is James a free agent when he had a contract for next season?

A: His $35.6 million salary for 2018-19 was a player option. He chose not to take it and became a free agent instead . Same thing with Paul George http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kenny-young-jersey , who opted for free agency instead of the $20.7 million he was due in Oklahoma City next season, and Kevin Durant, with an option for $26.3 million in 2018-19.

Q: Does any team have a chance to sign them?

A: Not really. Teams either need to be under the salary cap, or use some of the various exceptions that allow teams to exceed it (for example, to re-sign their own veteran free agents). There are exceptions allowing teams to spend even if they are over the cap, or above the luxury tax line, but those are not big enough to afford a top-level player.

Q: Any other ways for players to become free agents before their contract expires?

A: Yes, sometimes they have an early termination option. Carmelo Anthony could have gone that route, but decided to keep his contract Sylvester Williams Color Rush Jersey , which plays him $27.9 million next season, intact.

Q: Besides James and George, who are other big-name free agents?

A: Chris Paul, DeMarcus Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Tony Parker, J.J. Redick and Derrick Favors are all unrestricted options that could draw interest. There are also players such as Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon, Zach LaVine and Marcus Smart Lamar Jackson Jersey Elite , but they are restricted free agents and their current teams would be allowed to match any offers they receive and keep them.

Q: Are most teams far enough under the salary cap to really improve themselves?

A: No, there are many more that are already over it or up against it. But the Lakers have slashed enough payroll to position themselves to afford James and another maximum-salary player.

Q: How far over the cap can teams go?

A: Depends on how much they’re willing to pay for it. There is a tax line (last year at about $119.3 million) and teams begin incurring a penalty once they reach that. It gets pretty severe depending on how far and how many years in a row they are over it.

Q: How does Leonard fit into all this?

A: He’s under contract two more seasons but apparently doesn’t want to wait for free agency, telling the San Antonio Spurs he wants to be traded even though he could cash in big by waiting and re-signing there. Teams that can’t afford a marquee free agent can try to entice the Spurs with a trade package for the 2014 NBA Finals MVP.

Q: Will things settle down once most of the signings are finished?

A: Not entirely. Though deals can start to be finalized on July 6, that doesn’t mean free agency will end when the moratorium period ends. And talks never really stop in the NBA offseason. Last year it was Kyrie Irving asking to be traded from Cleveland and the Knicks trying to move Anthony that lasted deep into the summer, so count on something coming up.

The rebuilding Brooklyn Nets have finally started to click over the season’s final month.

Allen Crabbe is hoping it’ll carry over to next season.

Crabbe scored 20 of his career-high 41 points in the first quarter and the Nets beat the Chicago Bulls 114-105 on Monday night for their first three-game winning streak this season.

The Nets have won seven of 12 games since March 17 after dropping 18 of 21.

”Things are maybe turning that corner that we wanted to get a little early in the season, but it’s better late than never,” said Crabbe, who struggled at the beginning of the season before finding his 3-point stroke. He has a franchise-record 188 3-pointers in his first season with Brooklyn.

D’Angelo Russell had 21 points and 11 assists, and Spencer Dinwiddie scored 20 points for the Nets Authentic Saquon Barkley Jersey , who had not won three straight since April 1-4, 2017.

The Nets swept the three-game season series from Chicago for the first time since the 2004-05 season. Brooklyn assisted on 32 of its 41 baskets.

”I try to pass the ball to whoever’s open,” said Russell, who also had six rebounds. ”Coach gives me that freedom. The more I’m here, the more the trust will slowly elevate but we got shot-makers around here.”

Former Net Sean Kilpatrick was one of seven players for the Bulls to score in double figures, tallying 16 points. Cameron Payne had 15 for Chicago, which has lost its last three games.

Rookie Lauri Markkanen added 10 points and six rebounds to reach 500 boards this season. He’s the first Bulls rookie to since Elton Brand to eclipse the 1,000-point, 500-rebound mark.

”I take a lot of pride. I basically try to do basically as much as I can in rebounding Authentic Sampo Ranta Jersey ,” Markkanen said. ”I think it feels pretty cool to accomplish that, but I’m not satisfied.”

Brooklyn hit 18 3-pointers in its first game since falling one shy of the NBA record with 24 in a rout of Chicago on Saturday.

Crabbe celebrated his 26th birthday by going 8 of 11 from deep Monday. He scored 14 straight points during his first quarter outburst and finished the first half with 29 points, including 6 of 6 from deep. The Nets led 62-55 at the break.

During his last three games, Crabbe has made 18 3-pointers and averaged 28.7 points.

”I shook his hand after the game and it was still hot, still cooking,” Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. ”He’s really finishing the season the way we’re asking the team to finish, on a strong night.”

The Nets led by 11 points during the third quarter before the Bulls cut the lead to three on Kilpatrick’s 3-pointer with five seconds left.

Chicago got within four points on Kilpatrick’s basket with 4:14 left in the fourth quarter, forcing the Nets to call a timeout.

Russell then hit a jumper at the elbow over Kilpatrick to start 6-0 run capped by his driving layup with 1:36 to play. That extended the lead to 112-102.

TIP INS

Bulls: Markkanen made a pair of 3-pointers. The 20-year-old from Finland is two shy of tying Kirk Hinrich’s franchise rookie record of 144 set during the 2003-04 season. … David Nwaba had 11 points and 10 rebounds

Nets: Forwards Joe Harris (sprained left ankle) and Caris LeVert (right foot tendinitis) were held out. DeMarre Carroll was also a scratch due to a left hip strain.

UP NEXT

Bulls: Conclude the season at home Wednesday night against Detroit.

Nets: Close out their season at Boston on Wednesday night.

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Since trading for George and Carmelo Anthony

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Чт авг 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Cavaliers starting point guard George Hill will miss Game 5 against Indiana with lingering back spasms.

Hill also sat out Game 4 Authentic Isac Lundestrom Jersey , but the Cavs were able to hold on to a second-half lead and beat the Pacers to even the series. Hill has been bothered by a bad back since he was drilled from behind by Indiana’s Trevor Booker in the series opener.

Jose Calderon will start in place of Hill, who came to the Cavs in February via trade from Sacramento. The 31-year-old Hill is averaging 8.7 points and 1.7 assists in the postseason.

Cavs coach Tyronn Lue did not provide any details on Hill’s injury or his status going forward in the series. Hill received four injections in an attempt to play in Game 4.

Calderon has been in and out of Cleveland’s lineup all season. He’s averaging 3.3 points and 14 minutes in the series.

SALT LAKE CITY — After a huge Game 5 comeback that sent the first-round Western Conference series back to Utah for a sixth game Friday, the Utah Jazz tried to rationalize the finish of Wednesday’s game as an aberration.

On the other side, the Oklahoma City Thunder tried to move on from their come-from-behind victory while also explaining why the team that came back from a 25-point deficit was more representative than the team that fell behind by 25 points in the first place.

“Once tomorrow starts, this is over with http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-avonte-maddox-jersey ,” Thunder coach Billy Donovan said after Wednesday’s victory staved off eliminaton. “You’ve got a whole different set of things, so I don’t look at it like we’re carrying any momentum. We’ve got to go in there and we’ve got to play and play better. This is a team that had us down by 25 points.

“Now, I’m obviously thrilled with the comeback, but I don’t look at it like, ‘OK http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-chris-herndon-jersey , we’re riding some momentum wave.'”

The Jazz lead the series 3-2 and return home to Vivint Smart Home Arena trying to close out the Thunder and not have to return to Oklahoma City for Game 7.

“They have a lot of pride,” Utah point guard Ricky Rubio said of the Thunder and especially stars Russell Westbrook and Paul George, who were dominant during Oklahoma City’s comeback stretch. “They are not going to give up easy. They took pride and forced a Game 6, but we are going home. We’ve got to be strong and be confident.”

Even with the collapse, Utah should be confident going home.

In their two home games in the series Oren Burks Color Rush Jersey , the Jazz outscored the Thunder by 39 points in the 73 minutes played by Westbrook. Utah big man Rudy Gobert has helped slow Westbrook’s attacks to the rim.

It was Gobert’s foul trouble, in part, that helped Oklahoma City come back from 71-46 less than four minutes into the third quarter to win 107-99.

“It’s a different feeling when you don’t have big fella back there,” Utah’s Donovan Mitchell said. “It’s hard that we put all the pressure on him. We have had success but eventually it’s not going to work and we have to play better defense as guards ourselves.”

Rubio has been another of the big keys of the series, averaging 20.3 points and shooting better than 41 percent from the floor in the Jazz’s three wins but 11.5 points and 28.1 percent shooting in the two losses.

Wednesday’s loss was a tough lesson for Utah http://www.titansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-rashaan-evans-jersey , which is looking to advance in the playoffs for the second consecutive season despite losing Gordon Hayward to free agency in the offseason and looking like a franchise in rebuild mode after a rough start.

“It’s the playoffs,” Jazz forward Derrick Favors said. “We have to be mentally strong and the game isn’t over until it’s zero on the clock. I think we kind of relaxed in the second half and they got going.”

Since trading for George and Carmelo Anthony, the Thunder have been maddening at times, looking underwhelming for much of the season but also flashing periods of greatness, as they did late in Game 5.

“We’ve got to come back and do it again Authentic Saquon Barkley Jersey , and this has been this team’s greatest challenge,” Donovan said. “The consistency to be able to come back the next game and do it again over and over and over, and that’s what’s going to be required to continue to advance the series.”

linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Пред.След.

Вернуться в Новости форума