«Система Скидок» «Почему мы?» «О нас»
НАШ КУРС: 75 за 1$

Article continues below ...

Важнейшие события

There was a soft side to Sparano

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пн авг 13, 2018 8:58 am

LeBron James gets to the NBA Finals every year Billy Price Bengals Jersey , masking the East’s mediocrity.

Lately, he’s been the underdog and the finals’ outcome has been predictable.

That doesn’t seem like the best thing for a championship series, though James representing the East is a better finals option for the NBA than a Kyrie Irving-less Celtics squad or the uninspiring Raptors.

James provides the star power to drive TV ratings. So the NBA hasn’t needed the best teams in the finals; it has had the best player.

”The real answer is it’s better to have both,” said Scott Rosner, the academic director of the sports management program at Columbia University. ”The NBA, if you step back from it, has been very much on an upward trend, you can argue more than any of the other big four sports leagues. There’s a lot of different reasons for that, but clearly it’s a star-driven league.”

For eight years running James has provided the glimmer of hope that the JV against the varsity really can be competitive. He can almost single-handedly create compelling basketball. Still, he’s on the verge of losing in the NBA Finals without winning more than a game for the fourth time. Nonetheless, fans are still watching in huge numbers.

It’s been a nice run, but the NBA probably needs to think about getting the best teams in the finals when James isn’t.

He could leave Cleveland as a free agent this summer, maybe even head West. And once he’s done slipping on his Eastern Conference champion hat every spring, the problem that’s been concealed by his immense talent comes into full view.

The Larry O’Brien Trophy won’t be awarded before Friday night in Cleveland, or maybe sometime next week back in California. But the NBA championship was essentially decided on Memorial Day in Houston, when the Warriors rallied to take Game 7 from a Rockets team that was the only one with a realistic chance to beat them, and would likely be beating Cleveland now.

”To me Billy Price Bengals Jersey , Houston wasn’t just one half away from advancing to the finals. They were one half away from winning a championship,” ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy said.

That’s why Van Gundy advocates a playoff format where the top 16 teams were seeded by their records. That would allow any two teams to meet in the final round, rather than the current system that mandates East against West.

”Listen, I’m for the best teams meeting in the finals,” Van Gundy said. ”I’d be fine if they played the conferences for travel purposes through the year to minimize how many times you’d have to go cross-country. But I’ve always been for the top 16 records should be in the playoffs, and I would be absolutely fine if you then seeded 1 through 16, regardless of what conference you played in during the regular season.”

Commissioner Adam Silver continues to say concerns about too much travel make that change impossible for now. James has said he prefers the traditional East-West format, and it’s hard to blame him since it’s helped provide him such a smooth path to the finals. Even in a season like this, when he doesn’t have the strongest of teams around him – and one of the worst in the league defensively – he can carry them through seven-game series in the East.

Silver said he looked it up and found that James has had 59 different teammates during his run, so it’s not as if his teams need continuity and cohesiveness. All it’s taken to play for the title the last eight years is James.

”My point before, if you have LeBron James playing with 59 different players over eight years, it means that presumably the team LeBron is on is going to be a dominant team,” Silver said. ”Whether they get to the finals every year is a separate issue.”

They almost certainly wouldn’t have won more than one round this season, where as the sixth-winningest team in the league they would have been slotted to meet the third-seeded Warriors in round two in a 1-16 format.

That could create must-see matchups in every round of the nearly two-month march to the championship, but it comes with risk to the league.

Having James home in mid-May would be disastrous from a business standpoint. His mesmerizing performances against the Celtics, when he played all 48 minutes in a Game 7 victory in Boston, catapulted ESPN to the most-watched Eastern Conference finals since 2012. And questions about his future dominate the sports headlines as long as the Cavs are playing.

If the East loses its most imposing player and most important personality Denzel Ward Browns Jersey , the league and its marketing partners would be left to sell an NBA Finals matchup lacking its marquee product.

”It is certainly a situation where all things being equal you’d rather have your best teams with your best players in it, your superstar players in it,” Rosner said. ”That said, given your druthers would really prefer to have a competitive series.”

There are only a handful of teams considered legitimate championship contenders. The number could grow even smaller this summer after James makes his future plans.

”Can our system be improved upon?” Silver said. ”I think it can. I think it’s something we’re constantly looking at.”

Better hurry. James won’t be around forever.

The football field was Tony Sparano’s element, just like the coaching peers he left behind.

Walking in the freshly cut, bright green grass on Wednesday while directing the Minnesota Vikings through their first practice of training camp was, naturally, the best place for Mike Zimmer to be.

”It takes a little bit of the sting away,” Zimmer said, pausing to recover from a crack in his voice, ”of losing a great friend, a great coach, a good man.”

The Vikings and the rest of the NFL were stunned on Sunday when Sparano, their tough-loving offensive line coach, died suddenly at age 56 of heart disease .

”It’ll be a hard few days, but we’ll get through it and we’ll get back to work and do the things that we do,” Zimmer said Cheap Rashaan Evans Jersey , ”and that’s what he’d want us to do.”

After two days of workouts for rookies and others selected for early duty either due to relative inexperience or a recent injury, the Vikings will take a break Friday to attend Sparano’s funeral in the Twin Cities area. Then the entire team will convene for the first full practice on Saturday.

”The most important thing is when you’re a family, the family is what helps you get through it,” said general manager Rick Spielman, who like Zimmer had to stop for composure several times during an interview session with reporters.

As evidenced by and during the run last season to the NFC championship game, the Vikings from the top down have forged an environment as tightly knit as any point in their history. This is an organization that has seen plenty of dysfunction over 57 years. The solidarity comes in handy at a tragic time like the unexpected loss of life, but it can also intensify the grief.

”We had quite a relationship,” said Zimmer, who was on the same staff as Sparano for the last four of his 13 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. ”His wife, Jeanette, I told her the other day, she reminds me a lot of my wife. She’s the sweetest lady.”

Zimmer’s wife, Vikki, passed away in 2009. His father, Bill, died in 2015. So he’s had unfortunate experience in straddling the fine line between proper mourning and pressing on. What’s clear to the Vikings, at least Cheap Isaiah Oliver Jersey , is that Sparano would pick the latter.

”If Tony knew we were having this talk about him, I could just hear him in his very endearing way what his opinion on this would be,” Spielman said.

With darkened sunglasses he wore since a teenage accident with hot oil from a deep fryer while working at a restaurant, Sparano had an intimidating presence. A significant portion of the screaming audible during a typical Vikings practice came from Sparano, who as a fellow understudy of former Cowboys head coach and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Bill Parcells came from the same hard-nosed mold as Zimmer.

”He was a lot like me, probably the only person in the building who was grumpier than I was,” Zimmer said. ”But he really cared about his players. I’ve sat in with him in offensive line rooms a lot, and he had a way of poking the stick at the guys and then putting his arms around him.”

Sparano’s daughter was married in Texas just 2 weeks ago. He told Zimmer last month he felt his health was the best it’d been. Since Zimmer hired Sparano in 2016 to help instill a tougher mentality in the offensive linemen, the two early-to-arrive-and-late-to-leave coaches spoke often, and not just about football. As a former NFL head coach, Sparano served as a sounding board for Zimmer, as was their shared mentor, Parcells, the source of many of Sparano’s customary colloquialisms.

”Instead of saying, `It’s one or the other,”’ Zimmer recalled, ”he’d say Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey , `It’s a horse apiece.”’

That could’ve been applied, for example, to an assessment of a couple of potential draftees. Spielman fondly remembered Sparano’s thoroughness, taking the time to study video of a tackle prospect when he played guard in a years-old game.

”I’ve never been around a coach who put in so much time and energy into everything he did,” Spielman said.

There was a soft side to Sparano, too, when it came to his family, whether immediate or football. Zimmer smiled as he recounted playing in Spielman’s charity golf tournament on the course where Sparano’s house was, not far from the team’s old headquarters.

”We get to whatever hole he was on, and he’d have a big cooler out there with beer and wine,” Zimmer said. ”He gave me a bottle of wine so we could play the rest of the course. That’s Tony. He was a genuine person who cared an awful lot about a lot of people.”

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Davis has 22 career interceptions with 97 passes defensed an

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пн авг 13, 2018 9:06 am

– Deandre Ayton pointed to the rim Courtland Sutton Broncos Jersey , asking for a lob. The pass came from Shaquille Harrison, and Ayton snared it in his right hand before slamming down a dunk.

And thousands of Phoenix Suns fans roared.

In that one moment, they saw a glimpse of what their team’s future may look like. The No. 1 pick in this year’s draft made his debut at the NBA Summer League on Friday night, and he walked off a winner as the Suns topped the Dallas Mavericks 92-85.

Ayton played 22 minutes, scoring 10 points on 4-for-6 shooting, with the alley-oop in the opening minutes being his first basket. He also grabbed eight rebounds, blocked a shot and committed five fouls.

”A lot of energy,” Ayton said, when asked for the takeaway from his first NBA game – albeit just of the summer variety. ”I could feel the energy around.”

Davon Reed and Mikal Bridges made things easy for Ayton and the Suns, each shooting 4 for 5 from 3-point range. Reed led the Suns with 18 points, while Bridges added 14.

”They showed up John Ross Jersey ,” Ayton said. ”Some of these guys, they’re vets, they execute plays. They’re loud, vocal,” Ayton said. ”I felt very comfortable.”

Jalen Jones scored 16 points and Dennis Smith Jr. added 14 for Dallas (0-1). Luka Doncic did not play for Dallas, as he still awaits his clearance from his Real Madrid deal – which has to arrive before he can sign his contract with the Mavericks.

”I’m just excited to be here,” Doncic told ESPN in an in-game televised interview.

The Suns-Mavs game was part of a 10-game lineup on opening day in Las Vegas, where all 30 NBA franchises have sent a team for the first time. Leagues in Sacramento and Salt Lake City ended Thursday, with about 85,000 tickets sold over three days of play in each of those cities.

More than 125,000 fans went to the games in Las Vegas a year ago.

Friday’s summaries:

CELTICS 95 Saquon Barkley Giants Jersey , 76ERS 89

Furkan Korkmaz led all scorers with 40 points in a losing effort for Philadelphia (0-1). Korkmaz was 10 for 18 from the field, 8 for 14 from 3-point range and 12 for 15 from the foul line. Guerschon Yabusele and Semi Ojeleye each scored 16 points for Boston (1-0).

ROCKETS 92, PACERS 89

Trevon Duval scored 20 points and the rookie out of Duke also had three rebounds and two assists for Houston (1-0) in his summer league debut. Danuel House added 20 for the Rockets, while Isaiah Hartenstein finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Former UCLA point guard Aaron Holiday, the younger brother of NBA guards Jrue and Justin, had a game-high 23 points for Indiana (0-1).

PELICANS 90, RAPTORS 77

Trevon Bluiett came off the bench for New Orleans (1-0) and scored a game-high 24 points. The 6-foot-5 guard out of Xavier, who went undrafted last month, was 6 for 8 from 3-point range and had six rebounds and two assists. Alfonzo McKinnie and Rawle Alkins each had 12 points for Toronto (0-1).

MAGIC 86, NETS 80

Troy Caupain scored 22 points, Jonathan Isaac had 20 points and seven rebounds Billy Price Jersey , and Mohamed Bamba, the No. 6 pick in last month’s draft, added 11 points and seven boards for Orlando. Isaiah Briscoe added 16 points for the Magic (1-0). Shawn Dawson scored 20 points and Tyler Davis, who went undrafted out of Texas A&M, had 13 points for Brooklyn (0-1).

HORNETS 88, THUNDER 87

Malik Monk scored 23 points for Charlotte (1-0), which won a game where neither team ever led by more than eight points. Willy Hernangomez added 16 points and 14 rebounds for the Hornets. Rashawn Thomas scored 23 points, Dakari Johnson had 20 and Daniel Hamilton finished with 11 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists for the Thunder (0-1).

BUCKS 90, PISTONS 63

Christian Wood scored 23 for Milwaukee (1-0). Henry Ellenson had 16 for the Pistons (0-1), who shot 27 percent and trailed by as many as 32.

CAVALIERS 72 Darius Leonard Jersey , WIZARDS 59

Ante Zizic had 16 points, 14 rebounds and five assists for Cleveland, which led by double figures from the start of the second quarter on and prevailed. First-round pick Collin Sexton scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds, while Cedi Osman finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Cavaliers (1-0). Devin Robinson led Washington with 14 points, while Troy Brown Jr. scored 13 and Aaron Harrison 12. The Wizards (0-1) shot 30 percent from the field and were outrebounded 51-35.

NUGGETS 70, TIMBERWOLVES 69

Monte Morris scored 15 points, Vlatko Cancar added 11 and Malik Beasley 10 to help Denver – which led by 21 points going into the fourth – hold on for the win. Keita Bates-Diop, a second-round pick who finished with nine points and seven rebounds, missed a potential winner from just inside half-court at the buzzer. Isaiah Cousins led the Timberwolves with 15 points and Amile Jefferson scored 12 and grabbed 14 rebounds. First-round pick Josh Okogie shot 2 for 10 and finished with 10 points, seven rebounds, four assists Billy Price Bengals Jersey , two steals and three blocks.

WARRIORS 77, CLIPPERS 71

Kendrick Nunn, who went undrafted last month, hit 4 of 7 from 3-point range and finished with 18 points for Golden State (1-0). Josh Magette added 10 points, including a step-back 3 that made it 75-71 with 9.8 seconds to play. Sindarius Thornwell led the Clippers (0-1) with 18 points while first-round picks Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson scored 13 and 12 points, respectively.

Free agent cornerback Vontae Davis has met with the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders about upgrading their secondaries.

A person familiar with Davis’ plans says he met with the Raiders on Wednesday after meeting with 49ers the previous day. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the meetings were not made public. Davis has also reportedly met with Cleveland and Buffalo

Davis is a two-time Pro Bowler who is on the open market after being released by Indianapolis last November. Because he was cut, Davis can sign with a team immediately instead of waiting for the start of the new league year next month.

Article continues below ...
Davis lost his starting job midway through last season and then did not travel with the team for a game in Houston for ”non-injury” reasons. Davis was then cut a few days later.

Davis said before the release that he had been hampered all season by a torn groin suffered in the third preseason game but the Colts said they were unaware of lingering problems from the injury.

Opposing quarterbacks had a 79.5 passer rating when targeting Davis in 2015-16, according to SportRadar. But he struggled last season, allowing a 105.7 rating.

Davis spent his first three seasons with Miami after being a first-round pick in 2009. He was traded to the Colts before the 2012 season and was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2014 and `15.

Davis has 22 career interceptions with 97 passes defensed and two sacks.

The Raiders and 49ers are both in need of upgrades at cornerback. San Francisco could lose starter Dontae Johnson in free agency next month after having traded Rashard Robinson during the season. The only cornerbacks under contract who played more than a handful of snaps last season are 2017 third-round pick Ahkello Witherspoon and slot cornerback K’Waun Williams.

Oakland released starter David Amerson earlier this month and could also cut starter Sean Smith in order to create more salary cap room. Slot cornerback TJ Carrie is eligible to be a free agent, leaving last year’s first-round pick Gareon Conley as the only projected starter currently under contract. C0nley played just two games as a rookie because of injuries.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The Cavs struggled without him against

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пн авг 13, 2018 9:15 am

Ian Seau A.J. Green Jersey , nephew of Hall of Fame linebacker Junior Seau, will attend the New York Giants rookie mini-camp while attempting to earn a spot on the roster, according to John Healy of the New York Daily News.The outside linebacker is an undrafted free agent out of Nevada and spent last season on the Buffalo Bills practice squad. He also had a stint with the Rams in 2016 but has never appeared in a regular-season game.It's unlikely he matches his uncle's career as a 12-time Pro Bowler with the Chargers and spends 20 seasons in the NFL."It's hard to live up to," he said Saturday. "He is my uncle, there is always going to be these expectations but I feel like what I've done Jaire Alexander Youth Jersey , when I've played snaps in preseason I've done some things that Ian Seau has done."Junior Seau took his own life in 2012 and was later diagnosed with CTE.Meanwhile, the younger Seau showcased his talent as an impact player during his college years, totaling 18 career sacks for the Wolfpack. Playing as a defensive lineman, he led the Mountain West Conference with 10 sacks as a senior in 2015 while recording 18.5 tackles for loss.At 6'2", 250 pounds Terrell Edmunds Game Jersey , the 25-year-old has a chance to be of help to a Giants defense that ranked 31st in the NFL against the pass last season before trading leading pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul.Even after drafting Georgia edge-rusher Lorenzo Carter in the third round, there are potential roster spots available in the defensive front seven. George Hill has gone from point guard to point grad in the NBA playoffs.

Cleveland’s starting guard missed practice Saturday and had a good excuse for his absence – he graduated from college.

Hill received his diploma from IUPUI and took part in commencement ceremonies in Indianapolis while his teammates got in one last workout before heading to Boston for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.

The 32-year-old Hill, who played for the Jaguars from 2004-08, a received his degree from the School of Liberal Arts. He was one of two student speakers to address the new graduates.

On his Twitter account, Hill showed off a ”Jaguars” tattoo on his left arm.

Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said Hill would rejoin the team in time for the series opener Sunday against the Celtics.

Hill joined the Cavs in February Uchenna Nwosu Youth Jersey , coming over in a trade from Sacramento. He was slowed by back spasms and missed three games in the first round of the playoffs against Indiana, but returned and played a key role in the Cavs’ Game 7 win as well as Cleveland’s four-game sweep of Toronto.

Hill, who also played in the postseason for San Antonio and Indiana, has helped settle a troubling position for the Cavs. Cleveland traded All-Star guard Kyrie Irving last summer to Boston and have used numerous point guards this season.

The Cavs struggled without him against the Pacers, but Hill returned for the series finale. Although he was on a minutes’ restriction Josh Rosen Cardinals Jersey , he scored 11 points – all in the second half – and helped Cleveland advance.

”He’s been great,” Lue said. ”Just coming into Game 7 versus Indiana where he hadn’t played in 3 games, to come out and play the half of basketball that he played, he was tremendous. So, just his experience of being in the playoffs Marcedes Lewis Youth Jersey , being in the Eastern Conference finals when he played for Indiana, playing against the Miami teams, he knows what it’s about. So, it’s great having a veteran like that on the team.”

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Come July 1, the Heat will be active

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пн авг 13, 2018 9:23 am

Here’s what Pat Riley is not going to do this summer: quit.

Everything else is on the table.

The Miami Heat president said Monday in his annual end-of-season assessment that no player on the team’s roster will be considered untouchable this offseason – if the right deal presents itself Cheap Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , that is – but quickly added the caveat that the franchise is not looking for a total revamp after going 44-38 in the regular season and making the playoffs.

”Show me the right name, and I could be all-in on everything,” Riley said. ”You know me. But it’s got to be the right name … that doesn’t happen very often. Our core guys, we would like to keep together, there’s no doubt. We would like to keep them together and we’d like to add something to it, but that’s going to be a challenge.”

He also was clear on his own future: The 73-year-old Riley M.J. Stewart Jersey , who has spent a half-century in the NBA as a player, coach and executive, isn’t going anywhere until managing general partner Micky Arison tells him it’s time to vacate the president’s office.

In other words, the Hall of Famer’s competitive fires are still burning.

”There’s always something that brings you back in,” Riley said. ”There’s something that sucks you back in. … I’m an active participant, and I’m going to stay that way to the chagrin probably of some of you and probably people in the organization.”

Riley held exit meetings with players Friday Josh Jackson Youth Jersey , three days after the Heat’s season ended in a five-game first-round ouster at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers. He said he hasn’t yet broached the topic of retirement with Dwyane Wade, for fear of planting that seed. He reiterated that the team wants to try to keep Wayne Ellington, even with the Heat somewhat handcuffed right now by salary-cap and luxury-tax challenges. Miami has $111 million already committed to the as-of-now seven highest-paid players on its books for next season.

And in the case of Hassan Whiteside, the enigmatic Heat center who was a nonfactor in the playoffs and complained about how he was being utilized by coach Erik Spoelstra, Riley made it clear that he wasn’t happy with the entirety of the situation.

Whiteside dealt with injuries during the season and didn’t want to wear a knee brace that the Heat insisted upon, and Riley said that if Whiteside and Spoelstra need an intervention to solve their relationship issues – if any – he’ll handle it.

Riley also didn’t mince words Cheap Marcedes Lewis Jersey , saying Whiteside needs to make changes.

”By the time we got to the playoffs I don’t think he was ready,” Riley said. ”He wasn’t ready. He wasn’t in great shape. He wasn’t fully conditioned for a playoff battle mentally. He, and we, got our head handed to us. The disconnect between he and Spo, that’s going to take a discussion between them and it’s going to take thought on the part of coach and also Hassan.

”How will Hassan transform his thinking, 99 percent of it to get the kind of improvement that Spo wants so he can be effective? How can Spo transform his thinking when it comes to offense and defense and minutes or whatever?”

That word – transform – was a theme of sorts for Riley’s meeting with reporters. He started with a 15-minute monologue on how change has been a constant throughout his 23 seasons with the Heat Cheap Billy Price Jersey , how the team landed transformative superstars like Alonzo Mourning and Shaquille O’Neal in trades and Wade through the draft and LeBron James and Chris Bosh in summertime deals.

Come July 1, the Heat will be active on those fronts again – noting that the fan base is clamoring for more.

”Well, we’ll give them more,” Riley said. ”We’ll try to give them more. That’s what I’ve been doing since I’ve been here. That’s what Micky has been doing, trying to give you more if we can. But we’re not going to do anything that isn’t smart. We will never do anything that’s really going to hurt the franchise.”

NOTES: Before Riley spoke, the Heat said guard Tyler Johnson had surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. Johnson was hurt in the opening seconds of Game 3 of the series against Philadelphia but finished the series. He will be in a cast for six weeks. The Heat expect him to be ready to begin camp in September.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Danielle Kang, 2014 winner Michelle Wie

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 10:38 am

CLEVELAND — There is no team Edwin Jackson enjoys facing more than the one he will face Saturday afternoon at Progressive Field. The 34-year-old right-hander will be on the mound for the Oakland A’s Minkah Fitzpatrick Dolphins Jersey , facing a Cleveland Indians team Jackson has beaten 10 times in a row.

It’s been more than 10 years since Jackson lost to Cleveland. The last time, and the only time, he lost to the Indians was on Aug. 17, 2007, when Jackson was pitching for Tampa Bay.

Since then, Jackson is 10-0 against the Indians. In 16 career appearances against Cleveland, Jackson is 10-1 with a 2.76 ERA. His 10 wins against the Indians match his most victories against any opponent. He has also beaten Pittsburgh 10 times.

Jackson’s 10-game winning streak against Cleveland is the longest by any pitcher against the Indians since Charlie Hough won 13 in a row from June 30, 1984, to April 4, 1988.

If all that wasn’t impressive enough, Jackson’s record in eight career appearances at Progressive Field is 5-0 with a 1.90 ERA.

The A’s signed Jackson to a minor league contract in early June, and called him up to the majors on June 23. He is 1-0 with a 2.13 ERA overall this season after making two starts for Oakland.

“Based on the way he was available and the way he’s been able to pitch for us it’s a surprise, but he’s always been able to do that a little bit with the sinker and the four-seamer,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said, according to USA Today.

“Now he just manipulates a little bit more and the off-speed stuff with the changeup speed and the slider. It really keeps you off-balance.”

Jackson’s last start was against the Indians Connor Williams Youth Jersey , and it resulted in a 7-2 victory in Oakland on June 30. He pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, with six strikeouts.

The Indians will start ace Corey Kluber on Saturday. Kluber (12-4, 2.64 ERA) started the season very strong, but has had a couple of tough outings over his last four starts. In his first 14 starts, Kluber was 10-2 with a 1.99 ERA. However, in his last four starts he is 2-2, with a 5.95 ERA.

Kluber’s last start was a 9-3 win over Kansas City on Monday, a game in which Kluber pitched six innings, giving up three runs on seven hits with five strikeouts and no walks.

In two starts against the A’s last year Kluber was 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA. In eight career appearances, including seven starts, against Oakland he is 2-4 with a 2.66 ERA.

The Indians won the first game of the series 10-4 Friday night. In the last two meetings between the two teams Cleveland has outscored Oakland 25-7.

The Indians on Friday designated for assignment reliever George Kontos to clear a roster spot for pitcher Carlos Carrasco, who was activated off the disabled list and started Friday’s game.

The Indians will be adding another player in the not too distant future. The team has signed outfielder Melky Cabrera to a minor league contract as an eventual replacement for outfielder Lonnie Chisenhall, who was placed on the 10-day disabled list on Tuesday with a left calf strain.

“It’s a significant strain. He’s going to miss considerable time,” said Indians manager Terry Francona.

Cabrera played 17 games with the Indians earlier this season Jarvis Landry Browns Jersey , hitting .207. He was designated for assignment on June 14. He had three hits Thursday in his first game at Triple-A Columbus.

“Three hits in his first game is pretty phenomenal,” Francona said. “We want to let him get his legs under him, but when he signed he knew he wasn’t going to stay (at Columbus) forever. So at some point we’ll have to make a decision (on how to add Cabrera to the major league roster).”

The Golden State Warriors somehow withstood LeBron James’ latest brilliance on the NBA Finals stage.

A costly blunder by J.R. Smith and a disputed foul call involving James himself sure helped.

Stephen Curry scored 29 points and the Warriors capitalized on Smith’s mistake that sent the game into overtime, overcoming a 51-point performance by James to beat Cleveland 124-114 in Game 1.

The game nearly over, James jawed with both Curry and Klay Thompson, then Tristan Thompson and Draymond Green tangled moments later and made contact. After replay review, Tristan Thompson received a Flagrant 2 foul and ejection with 2.6 seconds left.

James was in utter disbelief as regulation ended stunningly: George Hill made the first of two free throws with 4.7 seconds left after being fouled by Klay Thompson, but when Smith secured the rebound of the second, he dribbled back toward halfcourt instead of shooting, apparently thinking the Cavs had a lead.

Smith insisted he knew the score. Green figured Smith was simply looking for James.

The Warriors then took over in overtime.

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Adam Silver has encouraged the Philadelphia 76ers to both quickly and thoroughly resolve the investigation into whether team president Bryan Colangelo used Twitter inappropriately, a story that the NBA commissioner acknowledged was not one he wants to be thinking about during the league’s title series.

Silver, speaking before Game 1 of the Cleveland-Golden State matchup at the NBA Finals news conference, said he has talked with 76ers officials after the story about five Twitter accounts and how they were used was broken by The Ringer earlier this week.

The 76ers retained an independent law firm to determine whether Colangelo used the Twitter accounts. The situation could overshadow Philadelphia’s efforts this summer to land any of the top players who will be free agents – a list that includes LeBron James, who’s appearing in the NBA Finals for the eighth consecutive year.

BASEBALL

LOS ANGELES (AP) – The Los Angeles Dodgers have learned how to win for long stretches without Clayton Kershaw and might need to do so again.

Jorge Alfaro drove in two runs Carlton Davis Buccaneers Jersey , Aaron Nola pitched seven innings of two-hit ball and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Dodgers 2-1, spoiling Kershaw’s first start in almost a month.

Kershaw, who returned after spending 30 days on the disabled list for left biceps tendinitis, admitted after the game another DL trip might be necessary – this time for a third back injury in three seasons. He is expected to undergo an MRI and will not travel with the team for this weekend’s series at Colorado.

Kershaw missed more than two months with a back issue in 2016, and a separate back problem last year cost him five weeks. He called that 2016 injury ”very, very severe” and said this one feels more like what he dealt with last season.

The Dodgers have gone 75-46 in the past three years without Kershaw, good for a .620 winning percentage. This year, the Dodgers were 14-12 without their ace.

GOLF

DUBLIN, Ohio (AP) – Hideki Matsuyama and Tiger Woods hit their stride at the end of their rounds at the Memorial, and it paid off in different ways.

Matsuyama was in the middle of the pack at Muirfield Village when he ran off four straight birdies and then holed out with a wedge from 130 yards on the 17th hole for an eagle that sent him to a 7-under 65 and a share of the lead with 19-year-old Joaquin Niemann of Chile and Abraham Ancer of Mexico.

Woods three-putted from 25 feet to fall to 3 over with five holes to play. He answered with three straight birdies – two of them on par 5s on the front nine – and got up-and-down from 62 yards on the ninth hole for a 72.

Niemann, who won the Latin America Amateur Championship in January, appears to be on the fast track to the PGA Tour. He turned pro after the Masters and already has a pair of top 10s in his four events. Another one this week might be enough to earn special temporary membership on the PGA Tour, meaning he would have unlimited exemptions to try to earn his card.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – The sun shone brightly at rain-soaked Shoal Creek. So did Ariya Jutanugarn, Sarah Jane Smith and Jeongeun6 Lee.

Jutanugarn Tarik Cohen Jersey Youth , Smith and Lee each shot a 5-under 67 to share the first-round lead at the U.S. Women’s Open, where the course held up better than some feared after heavy rains in recent days.

Thailand’s Jutanugarn spent hours in front before Smith and Lee caught her in the evening.

Jutanugarn is coming off a Kingsmill Championship win and kept up the momentum, including an eagle on No. 6. She said she started focusing more on each shot instead of worrying about the big picture.

Jutanugarn and the Smith each had an eagle, five birdies and two bogeys. Lee, meanwhile, had five birdies on a course that has been drenched in recent weeks, forcing the cancellation of Tuesday’s practice round and limiting course time on the eve of the tournament.

Danielle Kang, 2014 winner Michelle Wie, Korean Ji-Hyun Kim and Swedish amateur Linn Grant were 3 under.

NFL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – The daughter of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced her desire to take over the leadership role of the team and was informed she hasn’t met the criteria.

The Bowlen Trust issued a statement that said Beth Bowlen Wallace ”is not capable or qualified at this time.”

The team was placed in a trust when Pat Bowlen stepped down in 2014 because of Alzheimer’s. The trust is overseen by three people, including team president and CEO Joe Ellis, who has final say on day-to-day op.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The Lions hired Patricia in February

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 10:45 am

Yovani Gallardo is back with the Texas Rangers for the first time in three years.

The right-hander who grew up in nearby Fort Worth was selected from the Triple-A Round Rock roster. He was set to start Sunday at home against the Colorado Rockies.

The 32-year-old Gallardo went 13-11 with a 3.42 ERA for Texas in 2015 Cheap Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , and signed a free-agent contract with Baltimore in 2016.

Cincinnati released him this April after three appearances with a 30.86 ERA. Texas then signed Gallardo to a minor league contract, and he went 2-1 with a 3.81 ERA in 10 starts at Triple-A.

Manager Jeff Banister said Gallardo could remain in the rotation.

”He’s one of five starters for us now, but we’ll let him get through today first,” he said.

The Rangers optioned left-hander Brandon Mann to Round Rock. They opened a spot on the 40-man roster by placing right-hander Doug Fister Billy Price Youth Jersey , who’s out with a strained right knee, on the 60-day disabled list.

The NFL has determined sexual assault allegations against Detroit Lions coach Matt Patricia from 1996 are not subject to its personal conduct policy.

”The allegations occurred well before his affiliation with the NFL,” the league said Monday after completing its review of the Lions’ interviewing process.

Patricia has said he was falsely accused of allegations that resurfaced in a Detroit News report . The accuser did not testify and the case was dismissed. He and a friend were indicted 22 years ago by a Texas grand jury on one count each of aggravated sexual assault. They were accused of assaulting a woman on South Padre Island.

”I was innocent then,” Patricia said earlier this month Leighton Vander Esch Jersey Elite , a day after the newspaper report. ”And, I am innocent now.”

The Lions have said a pre-employment background check did not reveal the incident and they are standing by Patricia.

The NFL review determined the Lions were appropriate and thorough during the interview process. The league said Patricia did not mislead anyone with the Lions and adds he was under no league or other requirement to raise the issue.

”We determined that the Lions handled the interview process in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner and fully and appropriately complied with all applicable employment laws,” the league said. ”As we learned from both Mr. Patricia and the Lions, the matter was not part of his employment interview process for job opportunities outside of or within the NFL.”

The Lions hired Patricia in February after firing Jim Caldwell. The former Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute offensive lineman was hired by the Patriots in 2004. Patricia became one of Bill Belichick’s top assistants Jarvis Landry Jersey Youth , serving as defensive coordinator from 2012 through last season.

”For 14 years in our organization, Matt conducted himself with great integrity and is known to be an outstanding coach, person and family man,” Belichick said earlier this month. ”We have always been confident in Matt’s character and recommended him highly to become the head coach of the Detroit Lions.”

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

He was taken to the Marion County Jail

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 10:50 am

Washington Capitals winger Andre Burakovsky will have minor surgery to repair an upper-body injury and miss the rest of the first-round series against Columbus.

Coach Barry Trotz says Burakovsky could return if his team advances deeper in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Burakovsky was injured in Game 2 Sunday on a hit by Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner.

The 23-year-old Burakovsky had been playing in a top-six role for the Capitals in the first round after putting up 12 goals and 13 assists in 56 regular-season games. His absence pushed Chandler Stephenson up the lineup to play alongside Nicklas Backstrom and T.J. Oshie.

Stephenson skated a regulation career-high 17:02 in the Capitals’ Game 4 victory on Thursday that tied the series at 2. Game 5 is Saturday afternoon in Washington.

More NHL hockey: Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was one of two men killed early Sunday when a suspected drunken driver struck them as they stood outside their car along a highway in Indianapolis Donte Jackson Jersey , the team and police said.

The Colts said in a statement Sunday that the team is ”heartbroken” by Jackson’s death and that the 26-year-old ”was loved by all in the Colts organization.”

State police identified the victims as Jackson, who grew up in Atlanta, and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe, of Avon http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/lesean-mccoy-jersey , Indiana. Police say they were killed when a suspected drunken driver struck them as they stood outside their car along Interstate 70 on Indianapolis’ west side.

Police said that it’s believed that Monroe was a ride-sharing operator who was transporting Jackson when Jackson became ill. Monroe pulled over to the side of the highway and got out to help Jackson when both were struck by a pickup truck that also hit Monroe’s car, police said.

The pickup’s driver, a 37-year-old Indianapolis man, tried to flee on foot but was quickly captured Tony Romo Cowboys Jersey , State Police said. The man was believed to be intoxicated and was driving without a license, police said.

He was taken to the Marion County Jail, where blood-alcohol test results were pending.

The 6-foot, 234-pound Jackson attended Georgia Southern. He was signed by the Arizona Cardinals in May 2015 and released by the team about three months later. Jackson was signed to the Colts practice squad in December 2015 and then by the Colts to reserve/future contract in January 2016.

He was placed on injured reserve by the Colts last September.

The Colts said in their statement that they ”admired” Jackson’s ”outgoing personality Billy Price Jersey , competitive spirit and hard-working mentality.”

”He was well-respected among all with whom he crossed paths, and he will be greatly missed in our locker room and throughout our entire organization,” the statement said.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Schlenk declined an interview request from The Associated Pr

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 10:57 am

J.R. Smith reached out James Daniels Jersey , placed his hands on Al Horford’s back and shoved Boston’s big man out of bounds.

It was the only time Smith was on target.

Smith’s shoddy performance in Game 2 – he missed all seven shots and committed a flagrant 1 foul in 27 forgettable minutes – underscored a startling disparity between Cleveland’s and Boston’s starting backcourts that allowed the fearless Celtics to withstand a brilliant, 42-point effort by LeBron James and take a 2-0 series lead.

Smith and point guard George Hill were outscored 41-3 by Boston’s Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier, who were faster, hungrier and maybe tougher.

”I don’t think tougher,” Smith said afterward, showing better defensive instincts than during the game. ”They made shots, we missed shots at the end of the day. We had some good looks, they didn’t fall. For them playing on their home court, they fell. It’s a matter for us to bounce back, go home, try and get (win) two Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , even the series up and come back here.”

Smith will not be further punished by the NBA for his aggressive foul on Horford, who was in the air when he got pushed and could have been seriously hurt.

Thanks to the league’s odd scheduling, Game 3 is not until Saturday, giving Cavs coach Tyronn Lue plenty of time to consider tweaks to his starting lineup and rotations. After a 25-point lambasting in the opener, Lue altered his frontcourt by putting Tristan Thompson with the first five and bringing Kyle Korver off the bench.

The moves worked as Thompson provided needed energy and Korver knocked down four 3-pointers and had Boston’s defense focused on more than James.

Now, Lue has to ponder another shake-up.

One option is to re-insert Korver at small forward, sit Hill and slide James to the point, where he typically plays anyway but where he’ll be more susceptible to double teams and will have to work harder than he is already.

Another possibility is to drop Smith, who is 2 of 16 from the field and missed all seven 3-pointers, from the starting lineup, but that would be risky because of his mercurial nature. Sit him and risk never getting him back.

Lue is willing to live with Smith’s streakiness – he went 6 for 6 in Game 4 against the Raptors – but what he can’t afford are the defensive lapses that led to slow rotations and gave Rozier and others wide-open looks in Game 2. Smith has been locked in defensively throughout the postseason Malik Jefferson Jersey , so Lue is assuming he’ll get it together.

Lue’s decision not to play guard Jordan Clarkson for a single minute in Game 2 was curious, mostly because Clarkson is quick enough to handle Rozier and he scored 10 points in Game 1.

Veteran Jose Calderon appears to be out of consideration despite his steadiness and experience. Lue may fear the 36-year-old will be targeted and exposed defensively.

Of course, there’s irony in Cleveland having backcourt issues in this series.

A year ago, Kyrie Irving averaged 25.8 points in the Cavs’ five-game rampage over the Celtics in the conference finals. Now an injured Irving sits on Boston’s bench in street clothes unable to help his new teammates while his presence teases the Cavaliers, who have not adequately replaced the All-Star since trading him.

They are finding life in the playoffs is more difficult without Irving, who at times carried Cleveland’s offense, giving James a break and Lue a dependable second scoring option.

It’s easy to second-guess the decisions now, but it feels as if the Cavs’ trades of Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade at the deadline were hasty. Cleveland lacks enough playmakers capable of creating their own shot or opportunities for others.

Hill has been unusually passive in the first two games, and the Cavs need to get him going.

And they certainly need more from Smith, whose frustration surfaced at the worst possible time when his hard foul on Horford riled up the Celtics and their rowdy crowd.

As the referees reviewed the play, Boston fans chanted profanely at Smith Nick Chubb Jersey , who smirked and later said the taunts didn’t bother him.

”I love it,” he said. ”I don’t want the opposing fans to like me. That’s not why I’m here. They can chant and scream all they want. It actually makes me feel better about myself. They know me.”

The Cavs know him better, and they need Smith to be himself.

Mike Budenholzer wanted to coach elsewhere. The Atlanta Hawks finally agreed it’s a good idea.

The Hawks and Budenholzer mutually agreed to part ways Wednesday in a move announced by the team in a three-sentence statement.

The decision was not totally unexpected as Budenholzer was granted permission to interview with other teams even though he is under contract with the Hawks for two more seasons.

According to multiple reports, Budenholzer interviewed with the Phoenix Suns for their vacant coaching position last week before withdrawing his name from consideration. Budenholzer now may be a top candidate to coach the New York Knicks.

Budenholzer was 213-192 in the regular season and 17-22 in the playoffs in five seasons with Atlanta. The Hawks were an Eastern Conference-worst 24-58 this season.

The Hawks’ free-fall from a franchise-record 60 wins only three years ago to the bottom of the conference this season was startling. The team’s streak of 10 straight playoff seasons ended, but Budenholzer still carried the respect needed to earn interest from other teams looking for a coach.

Even this season, when the Hawks tied with Dallas for the NBA’s third-worst record, they were rarely blown out. They lost 21 games by fewer than 10 points, with only seven losses by 20 or more points.

Always passionate on the bench, at times to the point of earning rebukes from officials, Budenholzer showed no sign of giving up on the team.

”I love what I do,” Budenholzer said on April 11 Bradley Chubb Jersey , one day after the end of the disappointing regular season. ”I love this team. I’m focused on what we just did and how we can get better going forward.”

Golden State coach Steve Kerr, who played for the Spurs when Budenholzer was Gregg Popovich’s longtime assistant, said last month he has borrowed from Budenholzer’s strategy.

”I didn’t really pick his brain but I definitely picked his playbook,” Kerr said. ”I really did. Some of that is through Pop. They ran a lot of the San Antonio stuff when they got here to Atlanta. That’s the derivative. … He’s taken a lot of that San Antonio stuff and expanded on it and I’ve definitely stolen some stuff from him.”

Budenholzer was named NBA coach of the year for the 2014-15 season, when he led the Hawks to their first 60-win season, a division title and their first appearance in the Eastern Conference finals.

He was promoted to president of basketball operations but then gave up that title when Travis Schlenk was hired as general manager in 2017. The loss of power may have been the first step in Budenholzer’s exit.

The Hawks’ inability to retain such top players as Al Horford and Paul Milsap led to the team’s rapid decline. The Hawks fell to the bottom of the conference while leaning heavily on rookie center John Collins, second-year forward Taurean Prince and point guard Dennis Schroder.

The Hawks have scheduled a news conference with Schlenk for Thursday.

Schlenk declined an interview request from The Associated Press.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

NFL owners and executives

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 11:05 am

鈥?The NFL is committing $90 million over the next seven years to social justice causes in a three-segment plan that involves league players.In a memo sent to the 32 teams on Friday and obtained by The Associated Press Terrell Edmunds Game Jersey , the league unveiled what it calls a new and expanded program of community improvement. The NFL Foundation is putting a $3 million grant into the program.Each NFL team will contribute to the plan, much of which will be funded through “cause related events and consumer products sales, auctions and other promotional sources.” as well as contributions from clubs.In a separate memo, Anna Isaacson, the league’s vice president for social responsibility, provided details of the program. She noted financial commitments, use of government resources Taven Bryan Jaguars Jersey , and promoting community endeavors by the players.The new initiative comes in response to player demonstrations staged during the national anthem to raise awareness for social issues such as racial inequality. The protests include kneeling during the anthem, an act that has drawn steady criticism from President Donald Trump.“Social justice may mean different things to different people and organizations,” Isaacson wrote. “The NFL’s work will encompass programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a priority on supporting improvements in education, community/police relations and our criminal justice system. Additional focus areas include poverty, racial equality and workforce development.”NFL owners and executives met with players, who formed a Players Coalition Jarvis Landry Browns Jersey , in October during the league’s fall meetings in New York. There also were extensive phone conversations, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said.Earlier this week, San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid said he left the coalition because founder Malcolm Jenkins of the Philadelphia Eagles excluded Colin Kaepernick from meetings, and asked players if they would stop protesting the anthem if the NFL made a charitable donation to causes they support.Kaepernick, of course, began the kneeling demonstrations in the 2016 preseason, and Reid was the first player to join the protests. Kaepernick was not signed by any team this year as a free agent.Isaacson said in her memo that “a more thorough presentation on plans for the 2018 season Ronald Jones II Buccaneers Jersey , including locally focused initiatives based on joint actions of clubs and their players” will be presented at the annual league meetings in March. Players don’t usually attend those meetings, but are likely to be invited for portion of them in Orlando.Trump has made many complaints about NFL players who kneel during the national anthem. While the players have noted they kneel to protest racism and police brutality, particularly toward people of color, Trump has called the act disrespectful.Recently, the president tweeted: “The American public is fed up with the disrespect the NFL is paying to our Country, our Flag and our National Anthem. Weak and out of control!”Trump has branded the league as “weak” for not requiring players to stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner.”The players say such reactions misconstrue the message. 鈥?The NFL has confirmed the times and dates for the three regular-season games to be played in London this year.The Tennessee Titans will take on the Los Angeles Chargers on Oct. 21, and the Philadelphia Eagles will face the Jacksonville Jaguars a week later. Both games will be at Wembley Stadium.The first game Denzel Ward Browns Jersey , between the Seattle Seahawks and the Oakland Raiders, was already set to be played on Oct. 14 at Tottenham’s new stadium in north London.The Seahawks-Raiders game will be at 1 p.m. Eastern time, while the later games will be at 9:30 a.m. Eastern time..
Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Dallas winds down its season with a three-game

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Having missed out on the biggest prize on the free-agent market Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey , the San Jose Sharks are now content to wait and use their ample salary cap space to acquire a difference maker in a trade if one becomes available.

The free agency period opened Sunday with star center John Tavares turning down an offer from San Jose to sign a $77 million, seven-year deal with his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Sharks also finalized a $64 million, eight-year extension with Logan Couture but saw their hopes of teaming him and Tavares as a formidable pair of top two centers thwarted.

Wilson said he viewed Tavares as the only difference maker on the open market in free agency and didn’t feel like he missed out on getting another player while negotiating with Tavares.

”It didn’t really get in the way of anything else we were looking at because our commitment was to take this swing at him, and we knew that if we didn’t get him and we couldn’t match up to his childhood dream of him going home, we understand that,” Wilson said. ”But we’re still positioned, just like we’ve always been historically to add players through trade.”

The Sharks still have approximately $20 million in salary cap space, some of which will be used to re-sign Joe Thornton in a deal that should be completed quickly, according to Wilson. San Jose also needs to sign restricted free agent forwards Tomas Hertl and Chris Tierney but will have money to acquire other players if they become available on the trade market.

Wilson sees no reason to rush into any moves with a core in place that also includes high-scoring forwards Evander Kane and Joe Pavelski, defensemen Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Brent Burns, as well as goaltender Martin Jones.

”As far as exploring other players Andy Dalton Bengals Jersey , we looked at it. John was the one that we wanted to swing at,” Wilson said. ”We feel that we have a very good hockey team. I mean we had 100 points last year without Jumbo and actually without Kaner most of the year. We scored 252 goals. We’ve got a good hockey team, but I’ve always explored every opportunity to add players of this ilk to our team, and that’s what we did. But do we feel like we lost out on anything? No, not really.”

Keeping Couture was much easier than luring away Tavares since he never had any desire to leave the franchise he initially joined as a first-round pick in 2007.

Couture was San Jose’s most dependable center last season, often matching up against the opponent’s top line and providing plenty of offense of his own from the second line. Couture had a career-high 34 goals last year and was a major part of the power play and penalty killing units.

”Everyone loves playing in San Jose,” Couture said. ”I don’t just say that because I play there. You ask around the league and a lot of guys have heard all the great things about playing in San Jose and playing for the Sharks. I think that speaks volumes of why these big-name free agents have the Sharks on their list, because of the great things they hear about the organization, and there’s much about the Sharks that makes it very difficult to want to leave. So I’ve wanted to stay and I’m very happy.”

The 29-year-old has 213 goals and 224 assists in 582 career games. He also has been a postseason standout, leading the NHL with 30 points in 2016 when he helped San Jose reach the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history before losing to Pittsburgh in six games.

Couture has 34 goals and 47 assists in 96 career playoff games, ranking in the top 10 in the NHL in playoff goals and points since making his postseason debut in 2010.

He feels the pieces are in place for more postseason runs Cheap Derrius Guice Jersey , even without Tavares on board.

”Our team’s goal is to win right now,” he said. ”It’s not to wait a few years. We want to go out. We want to win. Obviously the goal going into next year is to win the Stanley Cup. That’s many teams goal. I’m sure Doug has many things he has going on but obviously that’s not my job.

Now that they’re headed back to the postseason, the San Jose Sharks will spend the final week of the season looking to complete a task that was discussed in training camp.

San Jose opens its last homestand of 2017-18 on Tuesday night against the Dallas Stars, who have their eyes on playing spoiler down the stretch.

The Sharks secured their 12th playoff appearance in 13 seasons when the Los Angeles Kings defeated the Colorado Avalanche 3-1 on Monday. The win also clinched a spot for the Minnesota Wild.

San Jose (44-25-10) looks to avoid losing its fourth in a row after reeling off a season-high eight straight wins.

“The good news is we’ve set ourselves up to finish this season off with three home games and an opportunity to clinch home-ice advantage, which is something that’s been a goal of ours from Day One,” coach Peter DeBoer said after San Jose’s 3-2 loss to Vegas on Saturday night. “So, we’ll sweep this one under the rug and get ready for the next one.”

Following this game, the Sharks meet Colorado on Thursday before closing the season Saturday against Minnesota. San Jose is in second place in the Pacific Division with narrow leads over the Kings and Anaheim Ducks.

First, the Sharks will focus on the Stars, who handed San Jose a 6-0 defeat behind 26 saves from Ben Bishop on New Year’s Eve in Texas. Six weeks later, DeBoer’s club evened the season series with a 5-2 win on home ice as Mikkel Boedker scored twice.

San Jose is 10-2-1 in its last 13 at home versus the Stars.

The Sharks may be without forward Evander Kane Lamar Jackson Youth Jersey , who missed practice Monday with an undisclosed injury and will be a game-time decision, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Since coming over from the Buffalo Sabres on Feb. 26, Kane has given the Sharks a boost with nine goals and five assists in 16 games. Only Joe Pavelski has more points since the trade with 17 (six goals, 11 assists).

Pavelski is tied with Brent Burns for the team lead with 63 points, and San Jose’s captain has three goals and three assists in a three-game points streak at home versus Dallas.

Martin Jones needs one win to reach 30 for the third straight season since joining the Sharks in 2015. He’s 2-1-0 with a 2.66 goals-against average in three career home games versus Dallas while with San Jose. Backup Aaron Dell’s only career win over the Stars came in a 29-save effort on March 12, 2017 at SAP Center.

Dallas (40-31-8), which defeated the Wild 4-1 on Saturday, was eliminated from playoff contention when the Ducks rallied with the final three goals in a 4-3 overtime victory against the Avalanche on Sunday.

“The time for reflecting is you got all summer to do that — and it’s not now,” Stars coach Ken Hitchcock said Monday.

Dallas’ fate was sealed with 0-6-2 slide in March, when the club lost 12 of 16 (4-8-4). The Stars have missed the playoffs in eight of the last 10 seasons.

Dallas winds down its season with a three-game trip through California with the chance to play spoiler.

“This is three playoff teams that need points, so we’re going to get a really good test and it starts in San Jose Authentic Austin Corbett Jersey ,” Hitchcock said. “We haven’t had a lot of luck there lately and we want to change that.”

Kari Lehtonen, who’s been pressed into service with Bishop (lower body) out for the season, is 0-6-1 with a 3.40 GAA in his last seven road games. He’s also 0-2-2 with a 2.64 GAA in his last five games (four starts) in Northern California.

On Saturday, Tyler Seguin became the third player in Dallas history with 40 goals, joining Jamie Benn (41 in 2015-16) and Mike Modano (50 in 1993-94). Seguin has a goal and four assists in his last three games overall, and a goal with four helpers in seven career games in San Jose.

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

James seems to reach a milestone

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Lawyers for the NFL urged a federal judge Wednesday to appoint a special investigator to look into what the league said is extensive fraud in claims on the $1 billion concussion settlement.

NFL attorneys said a study by the independent auditors in the claims process showed about 440 claims were flagged for denial based on evidence of fraud by attorneys Authentic John Ross Jersey , doctors or former players. Lawyers representing the former players and their estates said most of the opportunity for fraud has been resolved because anyone filing a claim after the settlement’s effective date has to see a neuro-specialist from a list of approved certified physicians.

The settlement, which took effect January 2017, resolved thousands of lawsuits that accused the NFL of hiding what it knew about the risks of repeated concussions.

It covers retired players who develop Lou Gehrig’s disease, dementia or other neurological problems believed to be caused by concussions suffered during their pro careers, with awards as high as $5 million for the most serious cases.

”We are talking about significant evidence of widespread fraud. We’re not talking about a difference in medical opinion,” said NFL attorney Richard Tarlowe.

Tarlowe showed evidence in fraud designations against eight doctors, two law firms and a former player. He focused on practices including doctors seeing players for evaluation not in clinical settings, but in hotel rooms, law offices or other places. He also cited a doctor who said she spent seven to 12 hours evaluating each patient, but approved sometimes as many as eight patients a day.

”That’s physically impossible based on how long she said it takes,” he said.

Three different attorneys who represent dozens of claimants spoke for the former players Wednesday. Two said they objected to the appointment of a special investigator with subpoena power and the ability to compel testimony.

They said the current structure is more than adequate for identifying fraud and not paying out claims. They also said the rules that became effective in January 2017 including the approved physicians list will greatly reduce the opportunity for fraudulent claims.

League lawyers said investigating the fraud claims has contributed to the slower determinations and awarding of money for legitimate claims. Plaintiffs’ attorneys have said the settlement process is moving too slowly.

The claims administrators confirmed Wednesday that more than $300 million has been paid out from about $439 million that has been awarded through the claims process- nearly three times the expected amount for the first year of the settlement.

They also said they have the ability to determine if a claim is fraudulent and flag it for denial. The power of a special investigator would be to determine if there was purposeful intent behind the fraudulent claims.

Tarlowe said if intent is determined, cases could be referred to the Department of Justice, lawyers and doctors could be turned in to professional ethics panels and lose their ability to practice or other punitive measures might be taken.

Judge Anita Brody said she had only seen one case of fraud against a former player out of almost 20,000 possible claimants who registered.

”To be clear we are talking mostly about the doctors and lawyers in these cases Josh Jackson Jersey ,” she said.

LeBron James knows the path to the NBA Finals better than anyone in today’s game.

And unless the Boston Celtics do something soon, he’ll get there again.

James bullied his way to 44 points, surpassed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar atop a postseason list and helped the Cleveland Cavaliers even the Eastern Conference finals at 2-2 on Monday night with a 111-102 victory over the Celtics, who are looking forward to getting home before their adoring fans.

Pushed by a raucous crowd that wasn’t so confident a few days ago, the Cavs held off Boston’s comeback in the fourth quarter and squared a tight series that is now a best-of-three.

Cleveland is trying to become the 20th team – out of 300 – to overcome a 2-0 deficit and James, who has already orchestrated two such rallies and is seeking his eighth straight finals, is a step closer to a third.

To do it again the Cavs will have to win in Boston, where the Celtics are 9-0 this postseason.

”We know it’s going to be a hostile environment,” James said. ”We know their fans are going to be very energetic. But we have to just have our same mindset we had when we came home for these two games. If our minds are there, we put ourselves in a position to be victorious.”

Game 5 is Wednesday night at TD Garden, and Celtics coach Brad Stevens is trying to stay positive with a team that has given up a 2-0 lead and fell to 1-6 on the road in these playoffs.

”It’s the best two out of three to go to the NBA Finals. Doesn’t get better than that,” he said. ”Ultimately, anybody that didn’t think this was going to be tough, I mean Ty Montgomery Packers Jersey , everything is tough. In this deal, it’s a blast to have to grit your teeth, get up off the mat and go after it again.”

Kyle Korver added 14 points and Cleveland’s sharp-shooting 37-year-old added three block and several hustle plays, outrunning three Celtics in one sequence and diving for a loose ball.

“I’ve loved Kyle ever since we made the trade to get him here” James said. ”I don’t remember Kyle falling too much like that. I’ve got to keep his body as fresh as possible. But listen, he’s doing whatever it takes to try to help us win, with the blocks, with the strips. Obviously his shot making is very key for our team as well, but it’s just the intangibles he’s doing for us defensively.”

Tristan Thompson had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Cavs, who won despite 19 turnovers and two assists in the second half. Kevin Love had just nine points on 3-of-12 shooting and was in foul trouble, but he made a big 3-pointer and follow shot in the fourth quarter.

Jaylen Brown scored 25 and Boston had all five scorers in double figures, but the Celtics fell behind by 19 in the first half and didn’t have enough to catch Cleveland.

And, of course, they didn’t have James, who moved past Abdul-Jabbar (2 Walter Payton Bears Jersey ,356) for the most field goals in playoff history. James also recorded his 25th career postseason game with at least 40 points – his sixth in this postseason.

The Celtics hung around in the second half and pulled within 100-93 on Marcus Smart’s basket with 4:29 left. But Thompson got free for a dunk, and after a miss by Boston, James recovered after making his seventh turnover by making a steal and layup.

Moments later, James drilled a 3-pointer from the left wing to finally put away the young Celtics, who will now feel the immense pressure of trying to hold off the three-time champion.

”He’s the best in the game at evaluating the court and figuring out what he wants and where he wants it,” Stevens said. ”The thing about it is that you just have to battle. You just have to make it as hard as possible, because he’s going to find a matchup that he ultimately wants.”

Stevens considered changing his starting lineup, but decided to stick with the same first five – Brown, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Morris, Al Horford, and Terry Rozier – as the first three games.

Boston’s starters held their own, but none of them was able to match James when it mattered most.

”You hope he misses, that’s about it Cheap Sam Darnold Jersey ,” Rozier said. ”He’s a big body and you’ve just got to keep him in front, and hope he misses.”

TIP-INS

Celtics: Stevens was evasive about his starting lineup during his pregame news conference, not wanting to give the Cavs any advance notice. ”We will start five people. I promise,” he said, drawing laughs from media members. … Injured stars Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving are not traveling with the team so they can continue their respective rehabs. Both have been sitting on the bench with their teammates in Boston.

Cavaliers: Won their seventh straight playoff game at home. … Love threw one of his patented ”touchdown” passes in the first quarter to James, who outmaneuvered Smart and Brown like a wide receiver to make the catch and score. … Browns rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield, the No. 1 pick in last month’s NFL draft, attended the game. … Improved to 9-3 vs. Boston in the playoffs at Quicken Loans Arena.

AMONGST GIANTS

James seems to reach a milestone every game and he was honored to pass Abdul-Jabbar’s mark.

”To know where I come from, small city 35 miles south of here, and to hear I’m in the same category or talked about and jumping these greats in the playoffs – it’s pretty cool,” he said. ”You hear the scoring, the field goals made, and for a kid that really doesn’t care much about scoring.”

OLD MAN KORVER

Frozen .

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Again, if you have questions about the Sports

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Ср авг 15, 2018 12:56 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers are investigating whether team president Bryan Colangelo used a variety of Twitter accounts to anonymously trash some of his own players and fellow executives and defend himself against criticism from fans and the sports media.

The allegations Josh Jackson Jersey Youth , reported Tuesday by the sports website The Ringer , raised questions about Colangelo’s future and that of the NBA team itself, a rising franchise heading into perhaps its most important summer ever as it tries to attract free agents to contend for championships.

The five Twitter accounts under suspicion took aim at Philadelphia players Joel Embiid and Markelle Fultz, former Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie, Toronto Raptors executive Masai Ujiri and former Sixers players Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel, according to The Ringer.

Among other things, the user or users of the accounts complained that Embiid, the 24-year-old All-Star center, was ”playing like a toddler having tantrums” and was ”a bit lazy,” ”selfish” and ”acting like a tool.”

The user of one of the accounts claimed to know Colangelo and described him more than once as a ”class act.” The tweets also raised the question of whether Colangelo used the anonymous accounts to divulge team strategy and details about players’ medical conditions.

Colangelo acknowledged using one of the accounts to monitor the NBA industry and other current events but said he wasn’t familiar with the four others.

”The allegations are serious and we have commenced an independent investigation into the matter,” the Sixers said Wednesday in a statement. ”We will report the results of that investigation as soon as it is concluded.”

Embiid Taven Bryan Youth Jersey , Philly’s franchise star, made a few wisecracks about the furor for his 1.4 million Twitter followers before standing up for Colangelo.

”All jokes asides I don’t believe the story,” he tweeted. ”That would be just insane.”

The Ringer said it had been monitoring the accounts since February, when it received an anonymous tip. It said it found numerous connections among the accounts that suggested the same person was behind them.

The Ringer said it initially asked the Sixers about just two of the accounts, and the same day the three others were suddenly made private.

For the Sixers, the first order of business is determining whether the accounts are, in fact, Colangelo’s.

The Sixers had at least 20 impostor accounts shut down this season with people pretending to be Colangelo, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the probe is not over.

If the investigation shows that Colangelo is in any way connected to the accounts, the organization’s reputation would be heavily damaged as it tries to chase big free agents like LeBron James, Paul George or other All-Stars.

Colangelo Mike Hughes Youth Jersey , the son of longtime sports executive Jerry Colangelo, was hired as president of basketball operations in 2016 after Hinkie abruptly resigned. Hinkie was the architect behind what the team calls The Process – the long-term tearing down and rebuilding of the Sixers.

Colangelo previously served as Raptors general manager. He lost his job there after Toronto missed the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season, and Ujiri took over basketball operations.

According to The Ringer, one of the Twitter accounts it connected to Colangelo bristled at the suggestion that Hinkie deserved credit for the Sixers’ turnaround.

”BC has done nothing but clean up hinkie’s mess,” the account user wrote in January 2017, referring to Colangelo. Another post lamented that Ujiri hadn’t done anything to make the Raptors better.

Colangelo has been blamed by Philly fans for the so-far disastrous deal that brought Fultz to the Sixers. One of the accounts that The Ringer linked to Colangelo blamed Fultz’s poor performance on his longtime trainer and his ”so called mentor/father figure.”

Colangelo was likewise criticized when Noel was sent to the Dallas Mavericks in 2017. The Twitter accounts defended the trade, describing Noel as a ”selfish punk” who was ”behaving like a vulture” and was ”bad for locker room.”

”Bc is class act not a bad guy,” the Twitter user added.

A look ahead to top enterprise and feature stories planned globally by AP Sports. New digests will go out each Thursday and Monday and will be repeated on other weekdays. Please note that story plans may change depending on news and other issues.

For access to AP Newsroom and other technical issues, contact AP Customer Support at apcustomersupport(at)ap.org or 877-836-9477. For reruns, call the Service Desk 800-838-4616 or your local AP bureau.

As with all our operations, we welcome and want your feedback. If you have thoughts or questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed John Ross Youth Jersey , please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.

All times are Eastern.

TUESDAY, April 3

HKN–Wild-Staal Gets 40

ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota Wild signed Eric Staal before last season from the bargain bin in free agency, with his production on the decline in Carolina. But the opportunity to relocate to a market close to his Manitoba, Canada, roots has helped the 33-year-old recapture his scoring touch of old. Last week, Staal hit the 40-goal mark, joining the great Gordie Howe as the only players in NHL history to post 40-goal seasons at least nine years apart with none in between. By Dave Campbell. UPCOMING: 800 words, photos Joe Thomas Browns Jersey , video.

FRIDAY, April 6

HKN–DEEP PREDATORS

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Nashville Predators are having their best season yet through a combination of savvy drafting, surprising trades and a handful of salary cap-friendly contract extensions. General manager David Poile’s crafty moves have the defending Western Conference champs on the verge of what could be a dominant run in the NHL. By Teresa M. Walker. UPCOMING: 725 words, photos. Video.

Again, if you have questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed, please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.

Thanks,

AP Sports

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Hall chairmen Lanny McDonald

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пт авг 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Willie O’Ree didn’t know he had broken the NHL’s color barrier when he made his debut in 1958. Martin Brodeur couldn’t see the three Stanley Cup titles and jaw-dropping career ahead when he played his first game in goal for the New Jersey Devils in 1992 and Ty Montgomery Jersey Youth , a year later, Gary Bettman didn’t know he would end up growing the league by leaps and bounds over the next 25 years as its commissioner.

All three will go into the Hockey Hall of Fame together as the headliners of a trailblazing class of 2018 that also includes diminutive forward Martin St. Louis, four-time gold-medal-winning Canadian women’s national team star Jayna Hefford and Russian Alexander Yakushev.

O’Ree was the first black player in the NHL, Bettman has overseen the league’s expansion into a multibillion-dollar industry and Brodeur piled up the most wins and shutouts of any goaltender in NHL history.

”This is an exciting class to be around because everyone has tried to take their game to the next level,” Bettman said Tuesday. ”I really wasn’t focused on whether this was happening now; I was really focused on whether Willie O’Ree was going to be selected because that to me was a very important act for the Hall to take.”

Bettman has been commissioner since 1993, during which time the NHL has expanded its footprint across North America and increased from 24 to 31 teams. In that time, the league has gone from a $437 million business to one with almost $5 billion in revenue. It’s been an occasionally bruising ride, with three work stoppages, including one that canceled the entire 2004-05 season and led to the salary cap. But Bettman has been nothing if not a strong leader, and all-time great Wayne Gretzky said the efforts to help each club compete have made the game stronger.

”His leadership and love for hockey is very evident,” Gretzky said. ”Hockey has become more entertaining year after year, thanks in part to his passion for the game.”

Brodeur lifted the Stanley Cup three times with the Devils between 1995 and 2003. He leads all goalies with 691 wins and 125 shutouts in 1,266 regular-season games with the Devils and St. Louis Blues Josh Gordon Jersey , and he won the Vezina Trophy four times. He won 113 playoff games and had a 2.02 postseason goals-against average. Brodeur also scored two regular-season goals and another in the playoffs – more than any other goalie.

The Montreal native was the last real standup goaltender as the position moved almost exclusively to the butterfly technique, and his puck-handling prowess led the NHL to institute the trapezoid behind the net as a way to increase scoring.

”You play your whole career and you don’t expect to get this phone call, but when it does, it definitely does feel pretty good,” said Brodeur, the Blues assistant GM who was sitting alongside Hall of Fame defenseman Larry Robinson at prospect camp in St. Louis when he got the news. ”I want to thank the committee for putting me on so early.”

While Brodeur and St. Louis were first-ballot selections, O’Ree had been waiting decades for this honor since making history at the Montreal Forum on Jan. 18, 1958, with the Boston Bruins. He was 32.

A native of Fredericton, New Brunswick, in Eastern Canada, O’Ree finished with four goals and 10 assists in 45 NHL games during the 1957-58 and 1960-61 seasons despite being 95 percent blind in his right eye. O’Ree was the first black player in the NHL but he will be the third inducted into the Hall of Fame, joining Edmonton Oilers goalie Grant Fuhr and Canadian women’s national team captain Angela James.

”Willie paved the path for the rest of us Jorge De La Rosa Jersey ,” Fuhr said. ”In that way he is a true builder of the game. If you look up the word `builder,’ there should be a picture of Willie. He is the Jackie Robinson of hockey.”

Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs said O’Ree receiving this honor was long overdue, adding ”Willie has been a tremendous figure in our game both on and off the ice for over 60 years.”

Now 82, O’Ree works for the NHL as diversity ambassador, helping with its ”Hockey is for Everyone” initiative. There are now about two dozen black players currently on NHL rosters.

”I knew that there were going to be more black players not only playing pro but eventually getting into the National Hockey League,” O’Ree said. ”Now there’s 31 teams in the league and you can see that the black players and the players of color that are playing there, they’re there because they have the skills and the ability to be in the league.”

St. Louis was a 5-foot-8 winger who put up 1,033 points in 1,134 regular-season games over 17 seasons, winning the Cup with Tampa Bay in 2004 and an Olympic gold medal with Canada in 2014.

”When people tried to discourage me along the way, that’s just life,” St. Louis said. ”I definitely used that as a motivation in trying to prove people wrong.”

Hefford won four Olympic gold medals and seven world championships, putting up 30 points in 26 Olympic games. She said the honor was more emotional than some of her medals because she could share it with so many family members Cheap Jason Sanders Jersey , friends and teammates.

Yakushev became known to North American hockey fans during the 1972 Summit Series between Canada and the Soviet Union, with 11 points in eight games. He also won Olympic gold medals in 1972 and 1976.

Hall chairmen Lanny McDonald and John Davidson reached Yakushev in Russia, right after he had come off the ice after playing a game at the age of 71.

”He was not only thrilled (but) The Oakland Raiders could be shopping star defensive end Khalil Mack as his holdout reaches its 11 day, according to Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com.The 27-year-old Mack is coming off his third straight Pro Bowl selection and is only two seasons removed from a Defensive Player of the Year Award. However, the Raiders have yet to show a willingness to commit to Mack long-term, and trading the star pass-rusher may find a new home soon.Per Gutierrez, new Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said "the Raiders' defense was not that good in 2017 with Mack." On top of that, Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie sarcastically asked Gutierrez if he had $100 million to help them pay Mack.Mack is slated to make approx. $13.5 million in 2018, and he's eligible for the franchise tags in 2019 and 2020, per Gutierrez. Thus, trading Mack is the only option if Oakland is't willing to shell out the $100-plus million contract that he is worthy of.Gruden, whom the Raiders brought back to coaching on a $100 million contract, was given plenty of say in player personnel decisions when he was hired. The Raiders have been bringing in players of his liking Derwin James Youth Jersey , and moving out the ones that he doesn't聽want moving forward.There's obviously no replacing a player of Mack's caliber, but if Gruden doesn't think he's worthy of the big contract, the Raiders front office will likely decide he's not worth keeping around. Through his first four NFL seasons, Mack has totaled 40.5 sacks, 231 tackles, nine forced fumbles and 11 passes defended. If the Raiders shop Mack, they'll surely receive a great package of draft picks in return.The holdout could end at any time, of course, and perhaps the Raiders will give into Mack's contract demands. For now, however, we can't rule out the possibility of Oakland trading away one of the NFL's top defensive players..

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

The team drafted Brandon Williams

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пт авг 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Trey Burton is taking the Philly Special to Chicago.

Burton George Springer Jersey , the tight end who threw a touchdown pass to quarterback Nick Foles in Philadelphia's victory over New England in the Super Bowl, has agreed to a $32 million, four-year contract with the Chicago Bears, according to two people familiar with the deal.

Both people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal won't be announced until the league year starts Wednesday.

The Eagles also lost another tight end Scott Kazmir Jersey , releasing veteran Brent Celek to save $4 million under the salary cap. Celek was the longest-tenured player on the team, missing only one game in 11 seasons.

"Brent Celek defines what it means to be a Philadelphia Eagle," the team said in a statement. "His dedication to his profession and this organization is unmatched and he will go down as one of the best tight ends in franchise history. Brent embodied the city of Philadelphia's temperament and character with his toughness and grit. He has been a huge part of everything we have been building over the last decade and it is only fitting that he was able to help us win our first Super Bowl last season.

"Unfortunately, in this business we are forced to make difficult decisions Cheap Josh Sweat Jersey , especially this time of the year. This one is as tough as they come, but in our eyes, Brent will always be an Eagle."

Burton threw out the first pitch before the Philadelphia Phillies played the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday. He re-enacted his TD pass to Foles. The play was called "Philly Special."

The versatile Burton gets a chance to be the No. 1 tight end on the Bears after catching 23 passes for 248 yards and five TDs in Philadelphia's championship season.

AP NFL website: pro32.ap.org and AP_NFL

Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: s://AP_RobMaaddi

The Arizona Cardinals are finalizing a trade that would bring cornerback Jamar Taylor from the Cleveland Browns, two people with knowledge of the situation said Friday.

The people Bobby Doerr Jersey , who sought anonymity because the trade had not been officially announced, said the deal was expected to be completed Friday.

The trade would help fill a significant need for the Cardinals 鈥?a cornerback to play opposite Patrick Peterson. The Browns would receive a sixth-round draft pick.

The impending deal was first reported by NFL's Ian Rappaport.

The 27-year-old Taylor played the last two seasons with the Browns, with three interceptions and 23 passes defensed in 31 games. He played his first three NFL seasons with Miami after being drafted in the second round out of Boise State. He was acquired by Cleveland in a draft-day trade in 2016.

Taylor was a team captain but the Browns have been shopping him since before the draft. New general manager John Dorsey has completely overhauled Cleveland's secondary and Taylor would be the sixth player he's traded since taking over the team in December.

Taylor's fate was sealed when the Browns drafted Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward with the No. 4 overall pick last month.

Finding a second cornerback to play opposite Peterson has been a perennial issue for the Cardinals. With Peterson one of the best in the game, teams often didn't even try passing in his direction Cheap James Daniels Jersey , instead targeting the other defender. Arizona didn't address the position in the draft until the sixth round, when they selected Chris Campbell out of Penn State.

The team drafted Brandon Williams out of Texas A&M in the third round in 2016 but the converted running back often has struggled when given opportunities.

New Cardinals coach Steve Wilks is a former defensive backs coach with the Carolina Panthers. He was defensive coordinator there a year ago.

AP Sports Writer Tom Withers in Cleveland contributed to this report

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Hurst admitted getting sticker shock while checking

Сообщение linzhihong18 » Пт авг 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Known as Weapon X when he was a dominant safety Tyron Smith Jersey Elite , Brian Dawkins recognizes it could have been Weapon P, as in Philadelphia.

Dawkins, who enters the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday night, spent 13 seasons as the leader of the Eagles defense, the emotional center of a team that made four straight NFC championship games and one Super Bowl. The connection with Philly will never fade for a guy who grew up in Florida and attended Clemson.

"They loved me and they will be here to be inducted together with me," Dawkins said Friday about Eagles fans and the city he grew to love. "I made it and now they have made it and will experience the Hall of Fame. Enjoy it.

"I played with emotion and passion. The other thing is they recognized I don't make mistakes. You can boo me for one thing I did wrong, but you won't ever boo me again because I would not make it again.

"I gave 100 percent of my 100 percent every game. I didn't back down from anyone or anything in a football game. I was a worker who didn't make excuses, and that's Philly."

Dawkins, who closed out his career with three seasons in Denver, where he also was supremely popular, made five All-Pro teams and was voted the Eagles' defensive MVP five times. He said making the hall never was on his mind until very late in his career.

"I was thinking it would be cool and wonderful if that happened," he noted, "but I didn't understand at that point it could be possible."

Hey Brian, it's possible and true.

WHO'S AN OLD MAN?

Randy Moss is 41, the same age his quarterback during Moss' greatest season Cheap Kerryon Johnson Jersey , Tom Brady, reached Friday. Brady shows no signs of slowing down, and Moss believes he could still be effective at wide receiver at his advanced (for football) age.

"My last year (2012 with San Francisco), I didn't really get the chance to show I could still play," Moss said. "At 41 now, I still could play and believe I could score 10 touchdowns. The game itself came easy and I really feel that I could bring that much to the game."

In his final season, Moss had only 28 receptions and three scores. During his heyday with Minnesota and then New England, he was the most dangerous deep threat in the sport. In 2007, when New England went unbeaten before losing the Super Bowl to the Giants, he had a stunning 23 touchdowns on 98 receptions, gaining 1,493 yards. He was targeted 160 times by Brady that year.

"It was a great ride," Moss said.

CHUCK NOLL AWARD

The South JeffCo Mustangs from Littleton, Colorado are the winners of the Chuck Noll Hall of Fame Game for Life Award.

The group will be presented with a $10,000 check from The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation.

The award Andrei Svechnikov Hurricanes Jersey , established last summer, recognizes 50 youth football leagues around the country for their commitment to coaching education; best practices in player safety; teaching lessons about how to win rather than emphasizing winning; and nurturing a culture that celebrates preparation, discipline, accountability and respect through the fun and fitness of football and how it applies to success beyond the field.

Former NFL player Merril Hoge created the award to celebrate the legacy of Noll, the Pro Football Hall of Fame coach who transformed the Pittsburgh Steelers from a downtrodden franchise to one of the most dominant teams in NFL history.

PASSION OVERFLOW

If there have been two more passionate defensive players in recent NFL annals than Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins, they're hard to identify.

They never were teammates on the Ravens, the only team Lewis played for, but enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame together in the class of 2018. What if they had been on the field together?

"With all the energy he exudes and all I exude," Dawkins said, "it would've been tough on the other guys (to match). I would've loved to have played with him, but man."

Lewis, who has campaigned for Ed Reed to make the hall when the former Ravens star safety becomes eligible, also has the utmost regard for Dawkins.

"I knew he had a similar chip on his shoulder and that's why I love BDawk," Lewis said. "He's one of the guys I'd love to have played with. I can't imagine a football field with me and BDawk on the field together.

"It's an honor to go into the Hall of Fame with a guy like Brian Dawkins."

WILL THE TEARS FLOW?

Brian Urlacher says there's no threat of crying when he practices his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech. As for when he delivers it ...

"When I go over it, I am OK Nathan Shepherd Jersey Jets ," Urlacher explained. "But all the guys are telling me I am going to cry during the speech."

Lots of inductees do, even the toughest of former players. So Urlacher would join a long list of weepers.

Some have joked about an over/under number for how many times Ray Lewis breaks down.

As for Brian Dawkins, he guarantees he'll cry.

"Tear up? No question. The people I will talk about meant so much to me," he said Friday at a news conference. "I'm about to cry now."

More than three months after the NFL draft, Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Maurice Hurst is still a little bitter about how things played out.

Projected to be a sure first-rounder after his final season at Michigan, Hurst wasn't selected until the fifth round amid questions about his health stemming from a heart condition that also got him sent home from the scouting combine.

Although Hurst said he first learned of the issue during his freshman year in college, he was stunned not hearing his name called until the third day of the draft.

He's still not fully over it.

"I don't know if it ever goes away," Hurst said Friday. "It's just something that's always on your shoulder and something that you always have to carry with you. Just keep it there to push you harder."

The Raiders are counting on Hurst and second-round pick P.J. Hall to improve an interior pass rush that was almost non-existent last season. Both rookies have gotten work in with the starting defense during practices and will get an extensive look when preseason games begin next week.

"They don't want us to be rookies," Hurst said. "They want us to come out and play right away and play effectively, and come out and just dominate and do what they expected us to do. Just be a vital part of this defense."

Hurst had 12 陆 sacks in college, five coming as a senior when he was an All-American.

With the Raiders, he'll be part of a rotation up front that includes Hall and veterans Justin Ellis and Mario Edwards. Eddie Vanderdoes, a second-round pick in 2017 who started 13 games as a rookie, is recovering from ACL surgery.

To help accelerate his growth, the Raiders have had Hurst play against starting center Rodney Hudson and guards Kelechi Osemele and Gabe Jackson. Hudson and Osemele were Pro Bowl picks last season while Jackson was an alternate in 2016.

"They throw a few crumbs every now and then Youth DJ Chark Jersey ," Hurst said. "They don't want you to beat them every time. But they've been extremely helpful. Every day I get to go to work I get to play the best guys in the country. That's only going to make you better every day."

Hudson said Hurst's natural instincts have made for a smooth transition.

"He's got a lot of ability," Hudson said. "Smart rusher. He's always attentive and asks questions. He's got a lot of God-given ability. He's quick and he uses his hands well to be so young."

Hurst showed all of that during a pass-rush drill Friday. Paired against two offensive linemen, Hurst burst through the middle of the double-team effort and used his right hand to knock away one defender's block attempt.

If only finding a place to live was that easy for the Raiders rookie.

Hurst admitted getting sticker shock while checking out the housing market in Northern California and joked that he might have to go back to driving for Uber, something he did in college to earn extra money.

"It's ridiculous," Hurst said. "Look here, look home, look Michigan. I'm like, 'I can get a nice place over there.' But over here you get a little box. There was one on Craigslist I saw that someone was renting out a closet for $400."

Notes: Jackson was held out of practice for unknown reasons, one day after leaving the workout early. . Left tackle Donald Penn, who has not practiced in camp yet after having offseason foot surgery, appears close to returning. Penn has been working out with a team trainer and got work in on a blocking sled.

__

Изображение
linzhihong18
Я знаю что есть спутник

Пред.След.

Вернуться в Новости форума